Front diff.

dbunn

I used to have a 70 Blazer that I put limited slips in the fornt (Tru-Trac's). Seemed to work real nice. Thanks guys. The reason I asked is I happend to park on an ice/snow are that high centered the front end and when I went to leave I couldnt move. The rear was locking, but only 1 front wheel was turning. I immediately assumed I had a open diif in front. My concern was because I recently had the front diff replaced because the dealer did not install synthetic oil in the front diff and it seized. Temps here get down to -40 to -50 at worst. They actually ordered the wrong diff (a 3:73) and I had to wait for the 4:10 to come in. So - all in all I was just checking to make sure the right thing was in front. Thanks.

I like the idea of having the front diff. open and only locking the 0.5 % of the time when it is absolutely necessary.

The ARB would work but that needs air, the E-Locker from Eaton should work as well but with no air).

DEWFPO

I power the ARBs on my jeep with a small (5 pound) tank of CO2. works like a charm, altho i do have a modified Youk A/C compressor for the primary role. Am awaiting the ARB for the front on the Chevy and will likely go w/ the small CO2 tank-- simple, no compressors, etc. The 5 pound tank gives me about 50 engagements of the locker before its empty.

Good luck.

I power the ARBs on my jeep with a small (5 pound) tank of CO2.  works like a charm, altho i do have a modified Youk A/C compressor for the primary role.  Am awaiting the ARB for the front on the Chevy and will likely go w/ the small CO2 tank-- simple, no compressors, etc.  The 5 pound tank gives me about 50 engagements of the locker before its empty. 

Good luck.

That's a great idea. More reliable and cheaper that installing an air pump. Where do you get you CO2 from?

DEWFPO

I power the ARBs on my jeep with a small (5 pound) tank of CO2.  works like a charm, altho i do have a modified Youk A/C compressor for the primary role.  Am awaiting the ARB for the front on the Chevy and will likely go w/ the small CO2 tank-- simple, no compressors, etc.  The 5 pound tank gives me about 50 engagements of the locker before its empty. 

Good luck.

That's a great idea. More reliable and cheaper that installing an air pump. Where do you get you CO2 from?

DEWFPO

i have several 5 pound and two 10 pound tanks, the latter from Powertank. A refill is quick and cheap at the local welding supply shop. the 10 pound tank is $15 to fill and the 5 pound about 1/2 that. besides, its handy to air up tires, camp mattress and run a blender...margaritas on the trail, yummy.

Archived