My new truck

Finally got to pick it up today. Dealership screwed up so I had to wait a couple more days for them to ship it here. Got some other pics at the attached link.

Just getting started with this posting pics online so I apologize for any goofs I make.

Yup it's a long bed. The ONLY way to have a truck :fume: .

I had one pass to go over on the way home. Truck never even hesitated and never kicked out of overdrive. My 6.0 could never do it without downshifting.

I think I'm jealous of myself :wtf:

Has anyone tried to get the dealership to disable the auto door locks? I got all excited when they said I could change the programming but looking in the book it seems like all I can do is just change WHEN they lock. I'll lock the doors when I feel darn good and ready not when some stupid computer tells me. I managed to convince a dealership where I use to live to do it for my 99 GMC but he acted like he was breaking some huge federal law in doing it for me.

I'll have to search back through the posts and find the method to have all 4 lights on for high beam.

Haven't decided if I want to swap tires now or run on the factory ones for awhile. I'll probably get a second set of rims and stick my winter/offroad tires on those then run on the factory ones during the summer.

:flag:

Does your truck have the DIC on the steering wheel? If so, you can disable the auto locks that way...at least that's how I did it on my '04. If it's the same on the '05, it's a breeze. If you don't have the DIC, you can stilll disable the autolocks but it's more of an ignition dance...it's all in the owners manual but you turn the key on, off, hit the door locks....that type of thing and it tells the computer to turn the auto locks off. Nice truck!

And yes, the long bed is the only way to go! Gotta love that new front end on the '05! Nice. :flag:

Does your truck have the DIC on the steering wheel?  If so, you can disable the auto locks that way...at least that's how I did it on my '04.  If it's the same on the '05, it's a breeze.  If you don't have the DIC, you can stilll disable the autolocks but it's more of an ignition dance...it's all in the owners manual but you turn the key on, off, hit the door locks....that type of thing and it tells the computer to turn the auto locks off.  Nice truck!

And yes, the long bed is the only way to go!  Gotta love that new front end on the '05!  Nice. :flag:

No, I don't have the DIC on the steering wheel. I'll look again in the book but I thought the only thing I could do was change between it locking when you put it in gear vs. locking at 8mph.

Taking my shell in tomorrw to get repainted to match.

Yup, the 05 front end looks pretty cool I think :fume:

Archived