Tire recommendations

Ok getting about time for some new shoes. I live in eastern NC. We get a little snow every year (usually not more than 6" or so). I also go hunting 10-15 times a year, but usually dont get too far off of the beaten paths. Lots of highway use. What tires do you guys recommend? Ive read lots of good things about the REVOs, but are they too agressive for my needs? My dad has had several sets of Michelan LTX/MS on his past few subs (current is an 01) and he loves them. Any others I should take a serious look at? Thanks in advance for the replies. Truck is an 03 ext cab z71 LT.

I'd steer you toward the Revo's. I use my truck as my daily driver- 22 miles each way to work/home. That's freeway driving. I'm in Ohio and we had record snowfall this year. The tires keep the truck sure-footed in snow, rain, and other poor conditions. I've got 44k on mine now and they're still performing quite well. Night and day vs. the stock Wilderness AT's.

Toyo Open Country A/Ts.

They are nice and quiet on road,with great wet weather/snow traction. They do surprisingly well off-road as well. They have a 50K mile warranty.

My wife has them on her Blazer,they have about 35K on them now,and I'd be very surprised if they don't go at least 75K.

Revos or BFG All-Terrains would be a close second choice.

Toyo Open Country A/Ts.

They are nice and quiet on road,with great wet weather/snow traction. They do surprisingly well off-road as well. They have a 50K mile warranty.

My wife has them on her Blazer,they have about 35K on them now,and I'd be very surprised if they don't go at least 75K.

Revos or BFG All-Terrains would be a close second choice.

I bought a set of Toyo Open Country A/T's, 285/75-16D's, to put on my new 2005 Silverado. Didn't really know of anybody who had them, but was able to test drive a 2002 GMC that had them on it. Just the tinyest bit of tread whine at speed, but it's not even noticeable if you're playing the radio, even quietly.

These tires gave me the silky smooth ride that I have been hoping to get with Michelins, the brand I previously had bought without exception.

They're segment-molded, and made in Japan. Both traits are desirable, in my opinion.

Running at 50psi front, 40psi rear, on a 2500HD Ext Cab.

Another vote for the Revos. One of the guys I work with got Revos for his and they are really great. Really quiet on the road and does as well as the BFG's off. Since I got BFG A/T's earlier this year for mine, I will definitely consider the Revos the next time I need tires for the truck.

I hunt all fall and travel long distances on the highway to get to Montana, Wyoming, etc. I know precisely where you are coming from.

I bought a set of Toyo Open Country A/T tires for my 2003 Silverado Z-71 LT EC/SB last year and could not be happier. They go in mud, snow and ice like a trooper...and they are quiet on the freeway.

We have extreme tire troubles while hunting antelope in Montana. Basically, the cactus is so bad that it will eventually flatten anything short of a Load Range E tire. You wouldn't think that the sidewalls of B and C tires would be prone to cactus-needle piercing, but they are.

Anyway, the Load Range E (10-ply) Toyos make my Z-71 ride like it was on rails; excellent, stable, comfortable ride. Safer when you're towing a trailer house, too.

Count me in as voting for the Toyo Open Country A/Ts

Steve

Got to vote for the BFG A/T KO's. I run them on 3 of the 4 trucks and SUV's that I have. Superb on the highway and even better on the trails. It's a great tire that I put to the test every time i'm driving the ranch.

I would check out your local guy/dealer...I got mine put on a few months back and could not have gotten a better deal online...sometimes Bridgestone runs a buy 3 get one free sale...a set of 265-70-R17's mounted, road hazard (anything happens they replace the tire), free tire rotation (every 6000 miles), tax and aligned was $660...tirerack was around 140 per tire + tax + everything else....~750-800 once installed and aligned I would guess. Let us know what you decide on...later, :troll::cry::confused:

Thanks for all the replies. Reminds me why I love this forum.

Im from Wilson, NC and we have a large Firestone plant. Therefore we can usually get really good deals at the local Bridgestone/Firestone store. Just thought Id see if there were any other good online retailers. Ill let you guys know what I end up with and the price. I know there are a few local NCers on the boards, might be worth the trip if they can save a few bucks.

Archived