One of lifes toughest ?????

Mark_in_Tulsa

Ok im 26 now. And when I went to HS in southern Cali I would of considered myself a cool person who was pretty much in the "in" crowed. So I knew what was hip or groovy at the time.

Well maybe I just don't konw whats cool anymore. Or maybe I don't understand the science behind it anymore........

But why is it so cool to make a small engine car aka...."ricer" sound like a lawn mower? Is there a reason for this? Are lawn mowers cool now? Is it to give them a "sleeper" sound?

Or is this just a byproduct of kids on acid?

Why do we want our trucks to sound like hot rods when 99.9% of them aren't?

To each his own. We all did stupid things...Some of us still do :chevy:

And in case you were wondering...I'm so cool, you could keep meat inside of me for a month and it will still be fresh, and I'm so hip I have a hard time seeing over my pelvis.

I'm 30- I think the movie the Fast and the Furious influenced the minds of the younger crowd....You get a fart can muffler and your Accord/Civic/Neon is "fast". I do think the sound of my 6.0 through two 40 series flowmasters is cool though. So what do I know.....Oh well, To each his own I reckon. I never had it and didn't want it-around here everybody was into lowriders. I liked lifted jeeps/trucks. :chevy:

Wingnut- are you a big Douglas Adams fan?

Yeah, but it's still cool to have some ricer fly by you with their fart can, and at the next red light, having them listen to twice the cylinders through the flowmasters!!! It's all about frequency, rumble or vibrate. I guess the ladies, errr ricers like the higher pitched stuff! Oh, and I have heard I think 3 Acura/Honda/Foreign Make cars that sounded really nice. Many of the 350Z's with aftermarket exhausts sound nice.

I watched a documentary on the TLC channel a few months back that did a deal on Ricers.

The explaination given by that documentary, was that ricers are cheap(er) to maintain and more affordable. That's why the kids are in to them.

I'm not gonna talk too much trash though, I decided a few weeks ago to "remove" my muffler (Via sawzall) So I've got some rumble (Or vibrate, as some of yall said) behind that 4.0.

The method to my madness? I think it actually sounds better than it did pre-muffler removal.

Wait a minute here!!!!

A MODERATOR here with a FORD truck on a GM site?????

There must be some sort of spy/espienoge/covert thing going on here! Is the "hopefully temporary" disclosure a means to throw us off??

I smell a rat here! Something is off just a little bit! GM is going broke and we have spies from Ford here on the site, in a MANAGEMENT POSITION!!!

Lord, help us all!!!

:chevy::D:flag:

:flag:

:D

:chevy:

Archived