Rim and Tire Quesion

For my tahoe I am getting new American Racing 20x8.5 rims, and I need some help with tires. Someone recomended I get 305/45-R20 tires, would this be a good size for my truck?? Also, what are some good brands of tires for rims this size?? thanks

Say more.....

What type of driving to you do? Mostly pavement? Highway? potholes? , I assume no off roading since you chose 20"ers. Do you deal with ice and/or snow? gravel roads? etc...

We can't make a good tire recommendation unless we know your driving conditions.

Unless of course your just looking for something that looks good and traction isn't that much of an issue to you.

Say more.

DEWFPO

305/45 requires a 9.5" or wider rim, so those will not safely work with your wheels.  305/50 should fit on your wheels, but might rub.  Anytime you reduce the profile, a wider rim is required.  I have 285/50R20 and they are a good fit.

I'm running 275/55/20 on AR 20x8.5".

They are slightly taller than the stock 17" tires that came on my truck.

First I had 20x8.5 Detata Profile Wheels with 275/45-20 GoodYear Eagle GT II's and they fit pretty good. I also had my truck lowered 3" front and 4" Rear. Now I recently purchased from my friend a set of 20x10 Driv Torq Wheels with 295/45-20 BFGoodrich KDW II's and they are awesome. I love BFG's new tread design on their tires. I have pictures of both wheels and tires on my truck in the garage section in this forum...

Archived