Plexus plastic protector

What plastic parts are you referring to?  The only ones I can think of off hand are the bumper caps.  Do you have a link to the stuff and how much does it cost?  I guess that would really tell you if it's worth it.  I've had my truck for a year and a half and the plastic still looks great.

http://www.performanceproducts.com/product....keyword

Okay, I found what you're talking about.  I don't know how Zaino works on plastics, but regular waxes will discolor plastic and rubber.  Zaino may be different.  But, I'd say go for it if you want to use that cleaner on the plastic.  I usually go over the black w/ some armor all after the truck has dried. This stuff sounds like it will work better and protect longer.

Sorry I didn't get back to ya sooner....had family stuff to do and hadn't checked back.

Yeah, I was thinking it would work on the bumper caps, and door handles, etc. I usually use Meguiars stuff, but it doesn't stay shiny for too long. When I do the tires, and the outside plastic, I like it to shine for awhile....

I'll get the stuff and try it out and let everyone know the results. May turn the plastic into a dust magnet...

???

I've been using Plexus on the acrylic windows on my boat for a couple of years.  Very easy to wipe on and off.  Gets rid of water spots and similar.  Makes the plastic nice and shiny.  I put some on the truck's plastic headlight, and taillight covers. Works just as well.  It doesn't seem to last very long through washing or rain, so I use it mostly as a detailing item.

I have not tried using it on softer plastic or rubber except for clear vinyl.  It does not attract dust, in fact it's anti-static.  It leaves a shiny smooth dry finish, kinda like wax, but much easier to apply.  Just spray on and wipe off right away.

Archived