gas prices.....

hey gang..not sure what everyone else is paying, but our gas here in central Maine has risen 8 cents in just the last week. The other day, when i went to work, gas was at $2.35, at the end of the day, was up to $2.39. I filled up this morning at the Shell and paid $2.41. d**n....when will the prices stabolize again? Im glad i ONLY have a 26 gallon tank...just put in close to $56 in gas..Makes me wonder why I got rid of my little VW Golf.

I dont drive my 87 K20 much (not more than 10 mpg) and glad that my 03 Sierra (4.8L) gets close to 20 mpg combined city and highway.

At least we are not paying what our neighbors up north and Canada are paying..almost $4.00 a gallon....!!! :seeya:

waiting on my tune to get back from Jesse...see if that helps things..ordered the 87/89 tune for gas mileage and got rid for the Torque Management.

Lee

Depending on the kind of daily driving you need to do, you may need to be more selective on what transportation to use.

When gasoline hit over $2.00/gal, I went ahead and purchased an electric moped. My daily commute to work is only 6.5 miles. Since April, my commute on the little critter has totalled 1200 miles. That is four months of treking.

I use the truck only for truck things, and long trips.

Benefit is that I'm not using OPEC's oil on a daily basis, I'm keeping miles off my truck, and the gasoline savings easily pays for the electric moped's monthly payments.

Yep, it's only gonna get worse. $ 3.00 per gallon next summer. ) The cheap stuff 87 oct (Hess , Sunnoco & Racetrack) by me is $ 2.33 per gallon (regular) and .10 more for 89 & .20 more for 91.

I have been seeing news reports that more and more people are using their Georgia Credit Cards, So it might be wise to get a locking gas cap to protect your investment with the oil companys.

Most of the service stations by me only let you fill up to $ 44.00 on a credit card when you pay at the pump. I guess thats all they get a approval for from the C.C. company

Duramax is starting to look like the way to go, if they would put it in the 1500 series Tahoe / Yukon with the new 6 speed allision........... Then I would start getting excided about buying a new Vehicle!

My wife wants a VW passat TDI station wagon to replaced the JGC she drives, that turbo diesel gets around 40 mpg on the Highway.

Its $2.39 here in SWPA and still going up, about .10 a week. I just traded my Lumina in for this new GMC. I love the truck, I love being in a truck, and I love having a truck when it snows here but I have to live with the gas prices. I am a student and I commute to a local university which is about a 20 mile round trip each day for me. The truck will sure be nice this winter when it snows and I need to get to class or when I have to haul a project to school.

Atleast the 5.3 gets better mpg than my dads 6.0. At first I wanted to get his HD off of him when he got a new one but I think I made the better choice for the 5.3. My buddy has a diesel truck and the price for diesel here is $2.65 so going Duramax would be even worse.

I never see gas prices going down again. Seems like here they go up for our summer reformulated blend, they go up in the winter cause of heating oil, they go up for each holiday..... :seeya:

Diesel is looking really good to me too!!!! But if you do the math, price diff on getting the deisel, it will not save you any money until gas gets to about 4.00 per gallon. Even then with the diesel option being about 5 grand more it is close. (I know they don't offer it on the 1/2 tons, but it would be around the same.) I did hear somewhere that truck manuf. are going to start going to offer more diesels and a cheaper prices to help the avg fuel economy, and meet the newer fed standards.

4.00 Canadian is not too far off from what we are paying American.

The real shame is we are throwing away hundreds of thousands of gallons of french fry oil each month that could easily be converted into a fuel oil diesels will run on with no mods to the trucks. Imagine going to Mcdonalds for a burger and a tank of gas, ha ha ha ha.

We will never break below $2.00 again. The days of cheap gas are over. It sucks but america's love affair with thier vehicles will prevail. Even with the rediculous oil prices, overpriced vehicles themselves, people find ways to purchase and drive them. I have just faced the facts and weighed out my options. I can save some money and drive a 4 banger the size of a geo, or I can have my DMax CC SLT and use my hard earned money to pay for it and feed it at the same time. I'll take option number two anyday. Sure I try to watch my MPG just like the next guy, but if that was my main concern I would never have purchased it. The demand for oil is just way to high and the supply too low. We may as well cherish these days of fossil fuel burning power-houses because, I am posative, my generation will see an alternative fuel supply for automobiles before I die. By the way, I pay $2.69/gal for diesel, and mid grade (87 oct) gasoline is $2.65/gal here in UT. Don't feel so bad. :seeya:

Just got back from Costco. Here is San Diego 87 octane is 2.59 and 91 octane is 2.80. On the way home I checked out the big name stations and they were all about the same with

87 - 2.69

89- 2.79

91- 2.89

Diesel 3.09

the highest I saw was 10 cents higher on all grades, but that station is always higher and I don't know why people ever go there???

I paid $2.49 Monday in Indy for my impala. Cost was $30. Today it is $2.44 (gotta fill up the truck today too cant wait).

I like how the media here says the avg for indy is $2.33 Um I havent seen it in the 2.30"s anywhere. Must be some new kind of math.

Diesel here is higher than gas. One day it seems like it is $2.50 and another day its $2. Seems like diesel is fluctuating more than gasoline

Archived