New Tahoe

It's OK. Not great, but shows a lot of promise. However, the exterior looks like a 4Runner from the back. Also, where's the information on the mpg's that the DOD will provide?

Definetly need to see it in other colors and from different angles.

Hmmm. Well, looks somewhat promising. I don't like the front end / grill area, but the rest I think is OK. Kinda looks smallish to me... like more of a Trailblazer size. I also see some mini-van genes in there also. The interior looks good. The window/door lock area and the center stack have a german look to them. I hope the tactile feel will be german too.

Does anyone know when the 2500 Suburbans will be released (I have a GM certificate that will expire next summer)?

Also, will the engines on the 2500 have Displacement on Demand?

Finally, is this the end of the big block engines (I presume the 6.2L is based on the small block)?

Thanks!

freaking PANZIES!!!!! 320 HP!!!!! what the heck is that supposed to do? we got the titan with 305 mutant HP, and the hemi with 345......and the new engine get's a measly 15 HP boost!!! you can get that on the current truck with ONE bolt on, so WE KNOW it has more in there......MT reports that there will be a FULL line of breand new engines in 2008 MY....some one tell me t's true!!!

Every SS that is made is a day late and dollar short for the mopar offering, STEP IT UP GM!!!! an they have DOD tech also!!!!

The new Z06 is the only thing keeping hope in me!

Wow nice job GM. I guess I will not be buying this version one either. Look at the passenger rear windows. They will not go all the way down. My salesmanager had one and the windows went down like 6 inches. What a joke.

And no Diesel? Please say these are really early specs.

No hide in the floor rear seats. Honestly they have to start thinking outside the box. I do like the dash board but was hoping to see a center console shifter and not a column shifter.

Not for me... The steering wheel is even more offseet to the center, the rear seats still have to be pulled out...

Unlike others though, I think the grill has taken a big step closer to acceptable. More like the TB front end, and less like that nasty Av front end.

So my general take on this is that a change has been due - for better or worse. The design certainly has a more modern look. But it exhibits evidence of copy-cat from other designs already on the street.

Interior dash looks very good. Again, much more modern and up with current design. But I'll bet those seats won't be as comfy as the 2000-2006 seats! :jester:

Which brings up an question.......if we have OBS and NBS, what are we going to call 2007-on? :confused:

Which brings up an question.......if we have OBS and NBS, what are we going to call 2007-on? :jester:

I thought about the same thing myself....

How 'bout... "OOBS" For Old-Old Body-Style ('88-'98) and "NNBS" for New-New Body Style ('07-up) and we'll just leave our '99-'06's as "NBS" :crazy::confused:

Pretty predictable. Looks like they took a trailblazer and the current bodystyle and melted them together. I think we all seen this coming. I was hoping for a "beefier", chiseled look, but maybe they are saving it for the Escalade. Interior looks good. They could of done better with some chrome, retro bezels though (kind of like the enemy, Expedition). If the trucks mimic this look, they will still have the soft curves of the group. When are they going to go for the bold, big hood, high stance look?

Well the styling is an improvement over the current Chevy models... not my taste as I never liked the front ends when Chevy and GMC split there styling. I like the interior it looks much more modern with clean lines.

I am wondering where they are going to go with the HD pick-line though...GMCs are in need of a face lift, as well as improvements on the front suspensions, they are defiantly being left in the dust by Dodge and Ford as far as front axle capacity(very important for us up north here with snow plows). I also think GM should offer the center console on Regular cab trucks as a factory option. The middle seat area is useless for many of us with regular cabs, and a storage area there would be a welcome addition. GM also has to stop putting "wagon wheels" on these trucks. I like the 2006 trailer towing mirrors, but then missed the ball when they did not put running lights out there like the fords and not making the main passenger side mirror convex. Oh and how about actually making the mirrors sit level instead of having that slight upward angle to them… These small mistakes that always make me wonder what they are thinking. :jester::confused:

Archived