newbie 2005 silverado crewcab

gdog997

Been a hard core chevy guy for many years, had a 94 silverado for 13 years and it was bullet proof. Bought a new 2005 silverado last August and am not impressed. Has noisy hvac system, had to have front brakes replaced at 15000 because of squelling when stopping (problem since new) and today at 15800 had to have water pump replaced because of leakage. Thank God for the warranty. What has been your experience with 2005 silverados.

Sorry about the issues you're having with your new truck. I know it can be frustrating, especially when it's new and suppose to be perfect.

I don't have a 2005 but have a 2003 Silverado extra cab with 92,000 miles and so far so good. I did have some brake squeal, but solved it with some Permatex Disc Brake Quiet. I'm not sure why your HVAC system would be noisy? Is the fan rubbing on the internal case somewhere?

I had a 1988 Chevy 1/2 ton before this one and had to replace various small wear items, starter, water pump, fuel pump, alternator, shocks, etc. All at around the 100,000 mile mark. I hope I don't have to do the same on my 2003. I love my '03 though, it handles well, good power (especially compared to my '88) and it's got 10 times more features/equipment than my old one.

From talking to friends and acquaintences, I realize that all makes and models can have problems. I had a buddy that had all kinds of problems with his Toyota Tacoma (2001). And Toyota's supposed to be one of the best in terms of quality? I did test drive a Nissan Titan and Ford F150 before I bought my Silverado. The Titan still seemed to be a little tinny and rough riding. The F150 was nice but I decided to stick with the Chevy (I've always owned Chevy pickups) :banghead: , but at least I gave a couple others a look/chance.

Hopefully these will be the only issues you have with your 2005.

Sorry about the issues you're having with your new truck.  I know it can be frustrating, especially when it's new and suppose to be perfect. 

Don't we all wish that every car that came off the line was perfect... I know what you are saying and I wish it were true but it's still unreasonable to expect "perfection", even from Toyota... :banghead:

Archived