Just purchased a 2004 GMC Sierra Z/71

Hi,

I just brought home my new (new to me) 2004 Sierra Z/71 with the offroad suspension package. The truck has 41k on it and is bone stock with what appears to be the original tires. Although this truck does ride a bit to softly for me and seems to wallow around on the road, I think just replacing the shocks with a set of Bilstiens will cure it. I plan to use it to tow a car trailer so I want to replace these tiny worn 265-75-16 tires with something a little larger. I plan to keep the suspension stock except perhaps some helper springs in the rear. I don't want to get involved with T bar adjustments or body / suspension lifts.

What is the largest tire I can safely put on these stock rims and be able to clear the fenders and that lower front valance ?

Thanks in advance !

Bill

I took off the factory 265/75-16's and put 275/70-16 Michelin LTX's on my '02 Z71 when I first got it. Those were decent tires, smooth ride, decent handling. Given that these tires are just a hair less diameter than the 265's, there was no problem with interference.

Archived