Doors don't unlock when shifting back into park

I just picked up a 99 1500 LS Silverado. It has power door locks that engage automagically at 10mph or so. When I stop and shift back into PARK, they don't unlock as they do on my 03 Tahoe. Looking through the manual it's not really clear by the wording if they should or shouldn't. Anyone out there with a 99 care to confirm this for me?

Thanks...

Not on the 99's. Just have to live with it. MY2000 is when the auto lock disable feature came about. I used to own a 99. Frustrating as he!!. For the 2000's and up, I think you have to twinkle your eyelids and jump up an down 3 times to make it work. JK :D

I just picked up a 99 1500 LS Silverado.  It has power door locks that engage automagically at 10mph or so.  When I stop and shift back into PARK, they don't unlock as they do on my 03 Tahoe.  Looking through the manual it's not really clear by the wording if they should or shouldn't.  Anyone out there with a 99 care to confirm this for me?

Thanks...

I had that on my 99 Silverado. Only way to change them is to have the dealer reprogram it. (What I was told anyway). Kind of a pain in the butt but the dealer should know how to do that hehe.

Yup same here..................my 2000 locks at 10mph or so but will not unlock once placed into park........kinda a hassel...... :D

You should be able to disable that from 2000 and up...look in the owners manual for the code. Well worth it if its in there.

Yes I can disable the locks from locking.......there are a couple of different program modes the manual walks you through.......it just doesn't have any program option to unlock the doors once placed into park.

Here's the procedure from the Owner's Manual of my 2001 Suburban:

Still no programming for having the locks unlock when shifted into Park.......only unlocks when you pull the key out of the ignition........ :shakehead:

Agree, I would rather have them unlock in Park rather than wait for the key to be removed. My daughter's '01 Grand Prix has that programming option. You would think that GM would have at least some of their BCM software standardized across brands.....

Just posted the instructions for anyone that didn't have them.

Archived