Electric Cooling Fans?

I have a 99 Z71 with the 5.3 and I am interested in purchasing the electronic cooling fans. I hope I might gain a little horsepower or at least a little effeciency. Does anybody have these installed on their truck? I was just wondering if these are a waste of money. :driving:

I also was wondering about a transmission temp. guage so I could keep an eye on my trans. temp. Is this a waste of money also or not. Thanks for all of the help. :sigh:

Thanks, I looked it to a kit made by Haden for a pretty good price. I have one on my jeep and I am very pleased with their package. The kit for my truck is $265, I think that's a pretty good price, about 200 less than flex-a-lite. I am going to get it today.

Thanks, I looked it to a kit made by Haden for a pretty good price. I have one on my jeep and I am very pleased with their package. The kit for my truck is $265, I think that's a pretty good price, about 200 less than flex-a-lite. I am going to get it today.

Does the Hayden kit consist of dual fans, or just a single? Also, where are you ordering it from? Thanks!

yes its dual fans and I was going to order it from parts plus in my hometown but the gut that works there strongly reccomended the flex-a-lite kit because of its adjustability and full fan shroud. Haden does make a good fan kit because I have one made by them on my jeep but for my truck I am going to go with flex-a-lite. :sigh:

Archived