Exhaust

I want to know how easy it would be to re-do my exhaust and run it out the side right in front of the right rear tire. Like on the F**D Lightnings....

Last summer I put my truck in the ditch but the only damage it did was a small chunk of the box in front of the right rear tire broke off. The stepside boxes are plastic. Anyhow instead of fixing the hole I would like to make it bigger and make it the exhaust exit.... what do you think? Can it be done?

Would the ehaust gasses be too hot for the tire? I've heard sometimes people have blowouts because of this.

Mine exits in front of the tire and I haven't had any blowouts. Make sure the hole is big enough to allow the exhaust wiggle room, because it will move around some. Also make sure that the tips stick out enough dso that the exhaust is far enough away not to discolor the paint. You might look into those deals made for this purpose, they are metal, you cut the hole, bolt this piece to the body, it already has tips attached, the connect your exhaust to the back side... If you have seen them you know what I'm talking about.

Mine exits in front of the tire and I haven't had any blowouts. Make sure the hole is big enough to allow the exhaust wiggle room, because it will move around some. Also make sure that the tips stick out enough dso that the exhaust is far enough away not to discolor the paint. You might look into those deals made for this purpose, they are metal, you cut the hole, bolt this piece to the body, it already has tips attached, the connect your exhaust to the back side... If you have seen them you know what I'm talking about.

Yeah I think I have seen those before i'll have to look into it. I know i'll need a new muffler, the stock one on my truck is massive and don't think i'll be able to run a pipe out of it and bend it to the point I need it. Are the flowmasters smaller?

I have true duals out the passenger side with those "purple hornies" on.  LOUD.  It works fine and is sweet to blow that loud rumble in those ricers windows.

What is a "purple hornie"?

Dunno, but it sounds kinda wrong...

Sounds like some stupid kids character heh (My nieces used to watch those stupid Telequeers...I Mean teleflubbies)

There from summit. It just takes the cherry bomb sound out of straight pipes. There about 18 inches long and are just a inch or two bigger around then the size pipe you order them for. I kid you not, they are called purple hornies, I guess because there powder coated purple. Alot of guys run them on jeeps and street rods. I just put them in because, A: there dirt cheap B: they get rid of the pop pop pop sound when you let off the gas.

Archived