Tire and Wheel Help

I have the opportunity to pick up a set of tires and wheels. The tires are Toyo Proxes 285 60 18 on American racing 18” x 9” Wolverine wheels. He has had them for 1 year and has about 8000 miles on them. He is asking $1000 for the set. Is that good? He said he paid a little over $2000 new.

They are on a 02 2500 and I have a 02 HD 2500 6L with 4:10 rear end.

Will I have any adverse affects with this set up?

Thanks for your help.

Tires=Tires

Wheels=Wheels

Will I have any adverse affects with this set up?

According to your "Tires" link a 285/60R18 has a Max. Load of 2756 lbs. (this is reduced to 2505 lbs. for passenger tires used on light trucks). For an '02 2500HD I believe the OE tire specs (on your door placard) call for an LT245/75R16E with a Max. Load of 3042 lbs. If so, according to the Toyo link below, the 285/60R18 does not have enough load carrying capacity for your truck. If you still have questions after reading the link, I suggest you use the website info to contact Toyo directly.

Toyo - Replacing Tires on Light Trucks

I have the opportunity to pick up a set of tires and wheels. The tires are Toyo Proxes 285 60 18 on American racing 18” x  9” Wolverine wheels.  He has had them for 1 year and has about 8000 miles on them.  ...

Its just my opinion, but there is no way I would put second had wheels, let alone second hand tires on my truck. That could be a very expensive $1,000.

Archived