Tsb On Ebony Seat

Dealership's SM called me the Friday before Christmas. He had been in contact with the GMC Rep for their dealership and was told that GM is working on the issue (no news there I guess), but that GM felt the problem was not related to the fabric. I asked the SM what the GM Rep had been smoking. I am beginning to wonder if some kind of petition is in order. I've seen Internet petitions set up for issues on other vehicles, but don't know personally how to go about setting something like that up. Anyone know how? GM can perpetually say they are working on the issue, but in the meantime, there's no resolution to this problem as of yet.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dealership's SM called me the Friday before Christmas. He had been in contact with the GMC Rep for their dealership and was told that GM is working on the issue (no news there I guess), but that GM felt the problem was not related to the fabric. I asked the SM what the GM Rep had been smoking. I am beginning to wonder if some kind of petition is in order. I've seen Internet petitions set up for issues on other vehicles, but don't know personally how to go about setting something like that up. Anyone know how? GM can perpetually say they are working on the issue, but in the meantime, there's no resolution to this problem as of yet.

lol, not the fabric? Sure. Might as well blame the customers for wearing clothes instead of driving naked like the GM fabric testers must have done.

From what ive read, GM sees this as a problem on trucks manufactuered before august of 07. Mine was made in September of 07 and has the ebony seats. If they were supposed to be fixed, they werent. Ive got less then 300 km's on it and have had people in the back seat once, but they have a lot of lint and such on them. Kinda hoping when they figure something out they will fix it in trucks newer then august as well.

I went to the Chevy link to fill out the complaint and when I go to put in the year of the truck it does not go pass 2005. Anybody else get this?

Yes - I reported issue to GM and the customer service representative has send issue to their website folks. Just note in your message that your truck is a 2008.

just sent my email to GM about the lint issue on my 2007 Silverado. hopefully they will do something soon. would like a better fabric or even a leather upgrade (I'd pay the diff). Would save me some money since i have been looking at replacement aftermarket seat covers.

Archived