Tsb On Ebony Seat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As mentioned several times, these seats collect lint because they are made of static producing nylon cloth material. As you move around in the seat, you generate and accumulate static charge on the surface of the seat. This static charge will attract every loose piece of lint from your clothing. GMT 800 trucks had non-static producing cotton cloth, so no lint issues. GM could not leave good thing alone because the new seat cloth was CHEAPER!

Guys... does this affect the "Premium" seats or you guys just talking about the standard cloth (I have no idea what the difference is)

Your 2010 SLE already has the updated interior if you have cloth. My 2010 Sierra SL was supposed to come with dark titanium cloth, but showed up with ebony premium cloth. Every 2010 SL truck I saw on the lot, and everyone I have ever seen in all the lots I looked, all say on the window sticker, dark titanium, but all had ebony cloth. Even the brochure says it should have dark titanium, and even shows the pattern, it also shows the upgrade ebony premium cloth, and that is what every SL gets, the upgrade cloth.

I think you will find the interior that the SL was supposed to get, was actually the one that is being replaced now.

any pics of the two seats...old lint catchers vs. new upgraded seats for comparison? My 2010 LT has hair and lint embedded and it's a royal pain in the arse to clean them up. i have actually scheduled the truck with the dealer next monday for this problem, the cab noise issue...we'll see if they do anything...and my cruise control just stopped working (likely a bad brake switch)...AND blown rear speakers.

I wouldn't even bother getting those stock speakers warrantied. They are complete crap; mine went in the garbage the first week that I owned the truck. Crutchfield.com!

I recently had the seat covers replace in mine, and they do look nicer than the originals and seem to collect less lint. I didn't take any pictures, but I think there are some in this thread somewhere...

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to add that they are still doing this TSB. I took my truck in for service and told them about the heavy lint build up. They ordered my covers and I had them installed yesterday. Only problem I saw was where they took the back seat out. It looks like they dropped it on the door sill and made a small dent. The new cloth is black where the old was a really dark gray. Looks real good now.

Just wanted to add that they are still doing this TSB. I took my truck in for service and told them about the heavy lint build up. They ordered my covers and I had them installed yesterday. Only problem I saw was where they took the back seat out. It looks like they dropped it on the door sill and made a small dent. The new cloth is black where the old was a really dark gray. Looks real good now.

When they replaced mine it looked like they slid the seats in across the paint in my door sill. I pointed it out and they repainted everything to look good as new. I would call attention to it with the service manager and see what they say.

Archived