4.8 L Vs. Ford 5.4?

chevyfan05

People rag on the 4.8 but it has almost as much punch as the 5.3. 295HP vs 315HP and that's just GMs rated power. Not eaxctly a huge gap between two engines sharing the same design.

Michigansilver is right..."Only one way to find out"

Let us know if you win or get smoked.

People rag on the 4.8 but it has almost as much punch as the 5.3. 295HP vs 315HP and that's just GMs rated power. Not eaxctly a huge gap between two engines sharing the same design.

His would be 275hp vs 300, but that 5.4 is absolute dog and it wouldn't be much of a contest because of the weight difference of the two. Anyone in an f-150 crewcab thinking their going to see anything other than the tailgate of a 4.8, or 5.3 is a moron.

His would be 275hp vs 300, but that 5.4 is absolute dog and it wouldn't be much of a contest because of the weight difference of the two. Anyone in an f-150 crewcab thinking their going to see anything other than the tailgate of a 4.8, or 5.3 is a moron.

Your absolutly right, but the funny thing is... that kid is the smartest in our class and he has good common sense... until it comes to anything that has to do with furd. :thumbs:

I'm with this guy on this one.

Race and find out!!! Be safe!! You win some and loose some, we all loose some time or another. Ford F150's are heavy! I agree with Svenskioskovpowervich that the 5.4 Fords are absolute DOGS, it's a curse. Slow. My best friends is anyways, its an 05 5.4 EC SB 4x4. Nice truck, but not intended for acceleration to say the least.

Race and find out!!! Be safe!! You win some and loose some, we all loose some time or another. Ford F150's are heavy! I agree with Svenskioskovpowervich that the 5.4 Fords are absolute DOGS, it's a curse. Slow. My best friends is anyways, its an 05 5.4 EC SB 4x4. Nice truck, but not intended for acceleration to say the least.

loool dude this ford f-150 whipped over into the lane that ends near my neighborhood today and I started doing "the creep" to let him know I was going. Light turns green, and...nothing he waits for me to go and falls in behind me. I was like ROFL I can't get a ford to take the bait anymore.

loool dude this ford f-150 whipped over into the lane that ends near my neighborhood today and I started doing "the creep" to let him know I was going. Light turns green, and...nothing he waits for me to go and falls in behind me. I was like ROFL I can't get a ford to take the bait anymore.

:wtf: My buddy won't even race me, he talks a lot until we get on the road, then he backs off, he did grow a set once and race me in his mothers newer grand am GT, he tried to pass me and I pulled, and that was tune and cat back only. When he gets back from overseas and notices my idle he probably won't even talk crap anymore :cheers: He doesn't know much about cars and whatnot but he knows what a rough idle means!! He learned when we were returning from a weekend up at his cabin at a lake and we raced 3rd gen camaro with a MEAN cam, completely chopped idle. I had to explain in caveman terms what a choppy idle means - either a junk car about to break down or something with some balls :D

Edit: that same day we got toasted by a 32v northstar caddy or oldsmobile. We were in a early 90's V6 3.0l maxima!! The guy driving was not even kidding probobly 80 years old :D

Edit: that same day we got toasted by a 32v northstar caddy or oldsmobile. We were in a early 90's V6 3.0l maxima!! The guy driving was not even kidding probobly 80 years old :confused:

Don't under estimate the 32v NorthStar Caddy's. Some of them will RUN. :thumbs:

Jim from Texas

I have a '01 4.8l reg cab long box and my friend has a '06 ford 5.4 crw cab and he thinks he can take me in a stoplight drag ... but i think differentlymy trucks lighter but it has the smaller v8 so who'll win?

You should win. But if you are not sure call Jesse Bubb at Wait4Me for a computer program. You will be amazed by the difference in your 4.8.

Your absolutly right, but the funny thing is... that kid is the smartest in our class and he has good common sense... until it comes to anything that has to do with furd. :confused:

hellz ya

:thumbs:

Your absolutly right, but the funny thing is... that kid is the smartest in our class and he has good common sense... until it comes to anything that has to do with furd. :confused:

He can't be too smart look what he drives!

Archived