Pics Of Your H.d

Finally got the wheels, tires, and Cognito level on:

2437467650056313536S600x600Q85.jpg

hey alaska...love the rig. looks almost like mine but i have the 114's 275/65/18. Your tires are taller and a little narrower. I assume you needed the leveling kit for them to fit. do they still rub? i'd love to go just a little taller on my next set of tires.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good. So I guess you decided not to paint them. I saw the thread on TMC.

I still might, I just had to get them on for now :lol:

Well they look good either way. You got a very nice truck. :rollin:

Finally got the wheels, tires, and Cognito level on:

2437467650056313536S600x600Q85.jpg

hey alaska...love the rig. looks almost like mine but i have the 114's 275/65/18. Your tires are taller and a little narrower. I assume you needed the leveling kit for them to fit. do they still rub? i'd love to go just a little taller on my next set of tires.

Love your truck. You have great taste trucks, color, and wheels.

post-44197-1265002247_thumb.jpg

Here is my 2010. 600 miles young.

I know it's a little dirty, but that will most likely be unavoidable for her entire life.

Thanks 07HDCC for the wheel/tire choice. I think it looks bada$$. :chevy: I have to lift the front a little though, it rubs a little too much for comfort.

post-71734-1265430554_thumb.jpg

post-71734-1265430572_thumb.jpg

I know it's a little dirty, but that will most likely be unavoidable for her entire life.

Thanks 07HDCC for the wheel/tire choice. I think it looks bada$$. :) I have to lift the front a little though, it rubs a little too much for comfort.

Looks great! What tires did you end up getting?

Thanks 07HDCC for the wheel/tire choice. I think it looks bada$$. :tumbleweed: I have to lift the front a little though, it rubs a little too much for comfort.

I went with BFGoodrich, same size as yours. From looking at the pics of them next to yours, I think the leading edge treads are a little more 'square' than the rubber on yours, which is causing my rub. It's been a couple hundred miles on them now and the rubbing only happens at full turn forward and reverse. It is already better than it was. Some of the plastic inside the well is rubbed thinner. I will probably just dremel it out a little or maybe crank the keys just a hair, I am sure it will solve the problem.

It is an 'acceptable annoyance' b/c the truck looks so much better than it did stock.

My biggest problem now is the stupid TPMS. Not necessarily the light, b/c I am already used to that, but everytime I start the truck, I get the "SERVICE TIRE MONITORING SYSTEM" message on my odometer display, which requires me to press the trip reset button on the guages to remove it and see the mileage. Gets old real fast, and also, my truck is a 'work truck', so there are a number of occasions that my boss/coworkers have to drive it for short distances around a site, and they always say that it is annoying, so that in itself is annoying.

Any thoughts on a work around for that? I know this isn't the place, but I already wrote it, so there it is.

Thanks 07HDCC for the wheel/tire choice. I think it looks bada$$. :tumbleweed: I have to lift the front a little though, it rubs a little too much for comfort.

I went with BFGoodrich, same size as yours. From looking at the pics of them next to yours, I think the leading edge treads are a little more 'square' than the rubber on yours, which is causing my rub. It's been a couple hundred miles on them now and the rubbing only happens at full turn forward and reverse. It is already better than it was. Some of the plastic inside the well is rubbed thinner. I will probably just dremel it out a little or maybe crank the keys just a hair, I am sure it will solve the problem.

It is an 'acceptable annoyance' b/c the truck looks so much better than it did stock.

My biggest problem now is the stupid TPMS. Not necessarily the light, b/c I am already used to that, but everytime I start the truck, I get the "SERVICE TIRE MONITORING SYSTEM" message on my odometer display, which requires me to press the trip reset button on the guages to remove it and see the mileage. Gets old real fast, and also, my truck is a 'work truck', so there are a number of occasions that my boss/coworkers have to drive it for short distances around a site, and they always say that it is annoying, so that in itself is annoying.

Any thoughts on a work around for that? I know this isn't the place, but I already wrote it, so there it is.

Did you put the sensors on the new wheels? If not I'm not sure there is much you can do. I doubt a dealer will disable the system for you or even if they can. Maybe someone else can chime in. I did manage to get my dealer to lower the threshold for the rear tires. I can now run as low as 55 psi without the stupid light.

Did you put the sensors on the new wheels? If not I'm not sure there is much you can do. I doubt a dealer will disable the system for you or even if they can. Maybe someone else can chime in. I did manage to get my dealer to lower the threshold for the rear tires. I can now run as low as 55 psi without the stupid light.

I did not put new sensors in the new wheels. I had them put together before I read about how it couldn't be disabled. I just assumed everything could somehow be disabled, but apparently this is one of the very few things that cannot be undone. I will most likely just order new sensors and then wait until I get so sick and tired of looking at the warning that I'll have someone just pull 'em and put them back on again for what I imagine is just the cost of a mount/balance, so it should be too bad.

Oh well, live and learn.

Since I bought my nerf bars (b/c yours looked so 'right' on your truck), 3 guys I know, 1500, 2500, and a F-150 are having them put on their trucks. For some reason, no one has that style around here and people looked at mine like I had them custom made or something.

Archived