Anyone Familiar With This Truck In Topeka, Ks

CMNTMXR81

Ok, this truck is up for sale in Chicago craigslist. It is a 2003, extended cab, short bed, 4x4, DuraMax diesel. I have CarFax'd it and the story that the person selling it is pretty straight so far, but they're insistent on having me pay the amount through EBAY (PayPal) and to ship it to me. For the price they've got it for sale, I'll be on a flight from Chicago tomorrow, with cash in hand, to drive it home!!!

Here is the ad, please ignore the rediculously low price as I don't want any of you guys stealing it out from under me. :lol:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1007373785.html

Here is the story I've gotten so far;

Response #1 via Email

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting me regarding my truck. I am a 25 years old single mom with 2 kids. I am now in a divorce with my ex and i am in desperate need of money to pay the mortgage on my house.

First of all I want to tell you that the truck is in perfect condition, and the price includes all the shipping costs and insurance so you will not have to pay any extra charges if you can't come to Kansas to make the deal.

My brother works at the shipping company and he has 1 transportation per year for free so the shipping will be free.

Mileage: 76,000 miles

Year 2003 . The truck has a Clean Tittle which will come along with it.

I am in Topeka, KS. The truck is with me here and is in a perfect condition.

It's a great truck, I am devastated that I have to sell it but I really need the money to pay my mortgage otherwise I'll lose my house, so I decided to sell it for $3900.

Tell me if there is anything else you would like to know about the truck.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in purchasing the truck.

Please reply,

Regards !

Andra

my response to her;

I'm not concerned about getting it to Chicago. If everything checks out, I can get to Topeka. But that leads me to question why you've got it up for sale on Chicago Craigslist if you're in Topeka, KS?

Her second response;

VIN: 1gchk29153e182922

I decided that the payment to be completed using Ebay security because i want to

take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% LEGIT but you must know that in

this way eBay will require you to send a ($3900) prior shipping and they will have to

verify me and the car and you as well before we can close this deal through their service.

Your money will be keep by eBay agent until you will receive the car and send them the

confirmation that you are satisfied with the product received. In case you don't want to

keep the car all you will have to do is to ask them for a refund and you will be totally

refunded in 2 days.REMEMBER: for the shipping i paid all taxes.

P.S. You must know that if you decide to buy the car i will need your full name and shipping

address as soon as possible in order to send your details to the shipping company and to ebay

agent to make the arrangements for shipping.Thank you

So my response to her;

Andra,

Not that I don't believe you, but the EBAY B.S. is exactly why I am skeptical. If the truck checks out (I have a couple police friends as well as GM dealer network connections to get the downlow on this truck), I will be on a flight to Topeka tomorrow to see it, check it out myself, and have cash in hand. If it is what it is, I will be driving it back to Chicago myself.

Thank you,

Lane

As of yet, I have not gotten anymore responses. The terrible english. The EBAY B.S., and then telling me the price is now "pre-shipping" when before hand you told me shipping was included in the price just doesn't sit right. The mileage, she qoutes, DOES work out with what CarFax is saying though, as well as the locations.

Just thought maybe someone here might know it and be able to give me better insight into the truck.

I know there are some good deals out there..but that sounds too good to be true, and you know what they say about that. :lol:

She could take it to the local Chevy dealer and get more than $3,900 for it.

Another thing... why not sell it local, so that someone can just drive across town and pay her for it and not go thru all the PayPal BS. It don't make any sense to me.

If I was going to Topeka anyway... I would check it out...but...from the way I am reading the e-mails... it is a scam of some type.

Thats my feeling on it anyway.

Oh, no doubt! Why do you think I was so insistent on coming down there and pay cash. Funny how correspondance stopped all the sudden.

I agree on the price. I damn near fell out of my chair when I saw that. In my first response to their initial reply, I wanted to ask why they're selling a $25 - 30k truck for under $4k. :lol:

One thought I did have is that if the story were legit, she was selling it out from under her ex. :D I'd hate to have him come knocking on my door some day. :P

Archived