Which Aftermarket Backup Camera?

So I'm trying to order the rest of my system, trying to decide on a backup camera. What camera did you install and why?!?! Looking at the Boyo VTX420? wireless one. Possibly mounting it under the tailgate like the LED bars are mounted? Also looking at round style with a locking ring on the backside for installation in the upper plastic spoiler.. That location makes the most sense to me. looks like it gives you a better view of everything, also gives you a downward angle at your hitch and possibly allows you to still see your trailer? Is there an affordable option to put it in the tailgate? or get a tailgate handle with a mount in it?

Thanks!

Brian

Yep. I thought it'd be pretty hamy since it's so big.. hard to see low.I guess my depth perception isn't so good either. My Yota was one thing, this thing is a mofo.. I am doing the HU already (Pioneer F90BT) so I may as well do it all now! I'm just super anal about stuff being right and looking good (flush and unobtrusive)

Brian

Anyone ever use one of these?

VR3 VRBCS300W Wireless Back-up Camera

I am thinking of getting the 3.5 inch screen instead of the 2.5 incher. Thinking this would be good for backing up to the trailer. Not to badly priced on e-bay.. Wally-World sells em too...

I am thinking of getting the 3.5 inch screen instead of the 2.5 incher. Thinking this would be good for backing up to the trailer. Not to badly priced on e-bay.. Wally-World sells em too...

+1

I would use it for backing up to the boat trailer.

But once the economy recovers, it won't be necessary anymore, cuz I won't be backing up to boat trailers very often. :lol:

Sorry, if this has been covered in another thread. I have not searched yet. But, does anyone know if I can attach a backup camera to my factory NAV system on my 07?

I know that its available on the 09 trucks, I just didn't know if 07 was the same unit.

i would stay away from the wireless units, we had a customer get one and they would occasionally get an image of a neighbors baby cam!!! the called the company and they (the company) said that could be an issue. he came in and we installed a wired unit from audiovox.

I have the Kenwood camera that came with my fold out head unit. It works great! I mounted it in the space right above the stock hitch receiver, and under the rear bumper. It's totally out of the way and works great. It works great when hooking up the trailer!

Here's a link to the cam at Crutchfield:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-E0nzRAaH5Ov/p...od-CCD-900.html

Good Luck!

B

+1

But once the economy recovers, it won't be necessary anymore, cuz I won't be backing up to boat trailers very often. :bs:

:lol:

+1

But once the economy recovers, it won't be necessary anymore, cuz I won't be backing up to boat trailers very often. :bs:

:lol:

I was wondering when someone would catch that. :D

Boat slip FTW!!! (but need a bigger boat first) :lol:

the wireless ones interested me, I was afraid of signal degradation though. I believe you can use a camera with a factory nav with the use of the lockpick. I believe you may need to have the feature turned on on the NAV unit by a dealer though?!!? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't look at that route TOO long.

Brian

Archived