'88 Gmc C1500 , Need A Lighter Socket, Where To Find?

'88 GMC C1500 , Need a Lighter Socket, where to find?

Can't find it at NAPA , Advance , Autozone , O'Reilly's , Rockauto , GMCPartsDirect...

Does anyone have a clue where to find one before I cut the connector and install one of those universal ones?

O'Reillly's has that part here. I could only imagine that they would order it for you if all else fails.Those things are a dime a dozen.

By the way, Smoking is bad for your health.

Keep it up! We are a dying breed! :rolleyes:

LOL , ya got that right...

I must have gone to an O'reilly's with some lazy folks...I asked and they said nope...Same at Advance Auto and Autozone..Rockauto and gmparts do not have them listed, but I have sent requests to Rockauto before for other parts and they came through...So I may do that....

It has a round snap on connector , no flat spade connectors like the newer ones..It's short with one connector in the middle...People seem confuzzled when I show it to them...

Can't find it at NAPA , Advance , Autozone , O'Reilly's , Rockauto , GMCPartsDirect...

Does anyone have a clue where to find one before I cut the connector and install one of those universal ones?

Fond someone who has a catalog from the "Help" line of replacement parts. I got one for an '88 S-10 Blazer last year. Just looked until I found the one that matched according to the pic.

Mike, I appreciate your willingness to help with this, thats what makes this site rock right there...

But it's not that important... It's awesome to see members here terying to help each other out like this...

We do have a bunch of junk yards here in N GA , so I may swing by one this weekend..

Thanks TX, I will check out the "HELP!" catalog too..

I appreciate ya'll...

Andy - I'm guessing you need part #9 from the catalog, with the round connector. Let me kow what happens or where we need to go from here.

--Mike

OMG yep , ats it...I need 9&10 for the 88....

Well let me get over there and order it up...Will end up having to be tomorrow when I get paid though...

Unbelievable...Ya'll rock!!!!!!

If I had any virtual beers , I'd gladly hand them out to ya'll... LOL, Thanks Huge.... :)

(edit: BTW , my wife is gonna kick ya'll's butts , this LMC site is to durn addicting) ...

If you want the GM replacement and can't find it on the GMPartsDirect website, email them with your VIN (they're picky about it) and tell them what you need. They'll give you the part number so you can find it on their website.

Archived