What To Do With My 305?

The 305 is in a 1995 Chevy C1500.

I've been thinking about beefing up my 305, but, is it even worth the money? I've also thought about pulling my 305 out and maybe going with a 383 stroker. Where could I find a good deal on a 383 if I was to do an engine swap? :O

How much power are you wanting? Kinda talking extremes here. Would I put much money into a 305? Hel...NO. Is it worth it for you? Maybe. Need more info.

Power goals

Trucks use...daily driver, weekend cruiser, some drag racing

More info please. :)

Any amount of power, as long as it's worth the cash. (I don't like wasting my money.) I know it's feasible to think I'll be putting out tons of power with the 305.

It's my daily driver, it gets its share of abuse quite often (I'm sure you know what I mean, haha.)

Basically, I just want to add more power for what it's worth. Otherwise I'll go with the 383.

Are you planning on doing the work yourself? If you go with the 383, you will also need to upgrade your intake and exhaust system as well. If you were having the 305 worked over by someone else, they should have a formula for squeezing a little more out of the 305. Because I have too many projects going now, I contemplated replacing my spun rod bearing 350 by dropping a crate 350 in the old GMC in November, but a garage guy that I use is a Chevy freak (and racer) so he loves to hop things up. He saved me $1000 by doing a mild rebuild and the old ticker runs better than new again. Of course the intake and exhaust side were still able to keep up with the mods, so that didn't fit into the equation anyway. Considering it is a daily driver and needs to move my boat now and then, I am quite pleased with the choice.

--Mike

Archived