Brake Lights Problem

I'm having trouble with the brake lights on my 05 Silverado. I initially had a brake light go out. I replaced the bulbs and everything was good. Now the brake lights aren't working at all. When the head lights are on so are the tail lights, but when I press the brake peddle the lights don't come on. The third brake light works just fine. What do I need to do?

Also my fog light button is starting to go out. I have to press it 10 times before it works. Thoughts?

Thanks for any help/advise!

I think I have a possible solution

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=149559&pid=1310672&st=0entry1310672

These junction blocks can cause problems with the tail lamps.

Might not be your issue but its a starting place. Check for power to the block and go from there.

Check the video I posted in the link to my thread to see what I'm talking about

Rear tail lamp junction block.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

you'll know by diagnosing a process of illimination and using electrical knowledge

Blunt, but true. If you are intimidated in the least take it to a shop. This diagnosis will take patience, proper electrical tools, and a proper schematic to determine what part is at fault here. It can be more than one specific part unfortunately. As gov says in other threads don't throw parts at it.

Good luck post your results.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Archived