2010 Usb

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry, I thought you knew what I was talking about earlier.

The one circled in green:

350paf7.jpg

Oh, you mean the USB with the locking tab. I don't think you can get just that connector without buying the whole harness. The proper one for a GMT900 is around $125 at the dealership.... which is why I'm using a $30 extension cable and a little electrical tape strategically placed to keep the plug from wiggling itself loose.

No, not the USB. The USB connector is circled in yellow. That's easy because, like you said, it's a standard male USB B connector.

I'm talking about the connector circled in green. It seems proprietary as it looks nothing like a 3.5mm jack. It's the connector for the AUX jack. And seeing how the AUX part has five pins, I'd rather get the connector and wire it from there.

And sure, you can purchase connectors on the net. The important part is getting the part number.

That's why I asked if you had the datasheet. It would give you the part number for the connector. Then off to your connector parts store of choice.

For example: Datasheet satellite radio (RPO U2K):

15nlwkk.png

P/N for the connector: 15394150

http://www.pcsconnectors.com/15394150.aspx

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it:

2duas4.jpg

Woo Hoo!! I just bought a slightly used 2010 HU out with USB out of a Tahoe (20918430) for $76. The guys says it was replaced by and aftermarket NAV just two days after he bought it. Based on Zakman's exploits it looks like it should plug right in to my 08 Silverado. I have one concern though, TheftLock. I found some stuff for GMT800's, is the process still the same for the 900's?

Also, on the in-console receptacle, is that P/N: 25966008? I can't tell from the thread if that is the proper part or if that at the part that replaces the power port.

Thanks!

The most current part number for the console port appears to be 20944422.

If you're unable to order that, the alternative would be the aux port for the 2010 Camaro, which is part number 20870101.

As for TheftLock, all the dealer has to do is flash the radio with a Tech2 to unlock it. No big deal.

Wow this is great, im hoping i dont have to do any programming..

but im thinking of adding a XM unit to my already xm ready Player im going to add to my 09 cargo van.

anyone know if gm dealers can unlock xm units from junk yard take outs? i kno years back this was a huge issue, but id assume not anymore...

anyone know the part#s to the wiring harness that goes between the radio and the xm tuner?

i assume these are "piggy back" wires that go inbetween the normal harness right?

Wow this is great, im hoping i dont have to do any programming..

but im thinking of adding a XM unit to my already xm ready Player im going to add to my 09 cargo van.

anyone know if gm dealers can unlock xm units from junk yard take outs? i kno years back this was a huge issue, but id assume not anymore...

anyone know the part#s to the wiring harness that goes between the radio and the xm tuner?

i assume these are "piggy back" wires that go inbetween the normal harness right?

There was a recent post on here stating that dealers cannot unlock used XM units; there is however a third party service that can for something like $35. Run a search and you should find a link to them.

So basically any new '10 truck with comes with the usb connector in the back and all I have to do is buy a usb male-female cord and plug it in?

Not necessarily. If the truck has the USB connector from the factory, there will also be the outlet on the dash (if it's a work truck, it'll be under one of the cigarette lighter ports).

I know for a fact that my truck does not ('10) have a usb port in it. But it looks like from most of the post here that the '10 radio has a connector for the usb in the back, correct? I guest the other option is for me to replace the whole radio unit with an aftermarket with usb/bluetooth/dvd/nav.

I know for a fact that my truck does not ('10) have a usb port in it. But it looks like from most of the post here that the '10 radio has a connector for the usb in the back, correct? I guest the other option is for me to replace the whole radio unit with an aftermarket with usb/bluetooth/dvd/nav.

According to the GM ordering guide for 2010 Silverados, if you have radios with RPO US8 or UM7, you do not have a USB port. All other radios do have USB.

Archived