2010 Usb

How did you get the power receptacle out? I am trying to move my dash USB to the upper glove box and get another 12V outlet in the dash, but i cannot figure out how to remove the USB receptacle.

So I picked up the USB Socket 20918430, USB Cover 20888040 and Male Micro USB Cable 20828635. So know I just need to figure out weather to get a 2010 Navigation Radio or a regular radio with USB Connectivity. To program a new radio does anyone know if i can just hook up a tech 2 or does it need to communicate with gm?

I GOT THE SAME STUFF. I GOT THE POWER RECEPTICLE OUT WITHOUT USING THE GM TOOL BUT HOW DID YOU GET THE OLD POWER RING AND COVER OUT SO I CAN PUT IN THE 20888040 PIECE???? DID YOU TURN IT, PULL IT OR WHAT???

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bought a # 20934593 GM radio off eBay and the plug and wire from my local dealer. I installed the USB port where the right power outlet had been and the installation was a snap - about 30 minutes - but I did have to modify the power outlet cover to work with the USB port. See photo...I used my Dremel tool and it took all of about a minute to grind away the plastic so it would close properly. The USB port was loose in the power outlet mounting but a dab of super glue fixed that.

I haven't tried a flash drive but an iPod works great. The only complaint I have with the installation is the dealer charged me $83 to reprogram the replacement receiver. They said they had never done one so I printed the instructions I found on this site and took it to them. Guess the charge would have been 3 times that if I had not given them the instructions - :cheers:

Orin, Nice job. I did the same thing but I actually bought the USB cover from the dealer so I did not have to midify anything. They only cast about 5 bucks.

Orin, Nice job. I did the same thing but I actually bought the USB cover from the dealer so I did not have to midify anything. They only cast about 5 bucks.

Found that out later :cheers: - After everything was back in place..... :lol:

If I ever have to pull the panel again I'll be sure to have the correct cover at hand.

Hello all, great thread.

I have a 2010 w/USB port on the dash. I would like to add a second port in either one of the glove boxes or in the under seat portion of the center console. Any suggestions on how to best accomplish this and keep my usb port active on the dash? I really want to keep my IPOD hidden and not have to pull it out everytime I part the car. Had a car broken into just 20ft from mine to just steal an ipod off the passenger seat at my work parking lot!!

Thanks!

great to see a thread on this. i want to do the same thing as i hate having my thumb driving sticking out of the dash. i'd like to relocate my usb... looks like all i need to do is unplug the stock usb port cable from teh radio, and run a new usb cable to either one of the glove boxed or i'll probaly put mine in the middle seat strage.... i just gotta go read all these pages to see how to pull the dash and radio out ;)

• 1 month later...

Chris-

I'd like to move my USB to the glove box as well, where did you find the 12V outlet parts to replace USB plug in the dash? Having an empty port on the dash would suck.

How did you get the power receptacle out? I am trying to move my dash USB to the upper glove box and get another 12V outlet in the dash, but i cannot figure out how to remove the USB receptacle.

So I picked up the USB Socket 20918430, USB Cover 20888040 and Male Micro USB Cable 20828635. So know I just need to figure out weather to get a 2010 Navigation Radio or a regular radio with USB Connectivity. To program a new radio does anyone know if i can just hook up a tech 2 or does it need to communicate with gm?

I GOT THE SAME STUFF. I GOT THE POWER RECEPTICLE OUT WITHOUT USING THE GM TOOL BUT HOW DID YOU GET THE OLD POWER RING AND COVER OUT SO I CAN PUT IN THE 20888040 PIECE???? DID YOU TURN IT, PULL IT OR WHAT???

I have a factory 12v sockect w/chrome bezel if you are interested

Chris-

I'd like to move my USB to the glove box as well, where did you find the 12V outlet parts to replace USB plug in the dash? Having an empty port on the dash would suck.

They said they had never done one so I printed the instructions I found on this site and took it to them. Guess the charge would have been 3 times that if I had not given them the instructions - :)

Where can I find those instructions?

• 11 months later...

I found this thread VERY helpful when trying to order parts. Thanks everybody for listing the part numbers of all the different parts. Just thought I'd add some of my own info.

As of April 2012, the part number for the Male Mini USB cable has been changed. I asked my local dealership to order part number 20828635 for the cable. They told me it has been replaced by part number 2095396. So I ordered that. It's about 29" long, and both ends have a Male Mini USB plug. But only 1 side fits into the radio as the notch formed into the plug is on opposite corners, one is on the lower left side, the other notch on the lower right side.

Here's my list I made from this thread:

mini USB cable, 29", male mini usb on both ends = 20828635, new # 20953896

USB receptale, rectangle = 20944422

USB receptale with 3.5mm mini jack, rectangle, from Camaro = 20870101.

USB cigarette receptable = 20918430

USB cigarette receptable cover = 20888040

Thanks again for all part listing on this thread everyone!

• 1 month later...

I bought a # 20934593 GM radio off eBay and the plug and wire from my local dealer. I installed the USB port where the right power outlet had been and the installation was a snap - about 30 minutes - but I did have to modify the power outlet cover to work with the USB port. See photo...I used my Dremel tool and it took all of about a minute to grind away the plastic so it would close properly. The USB port was loose in the power outlet mounting but a dab of super glue fixed that.

I haven't tried a flash drive but an iPod works great. The only complaint I have with the installation is the dealer charged me $83 to reprogram the replacement receiver. They said they had never done one so I printed the instructions I found on this site and took it to them. Guess the charge would have been 3 times that if I had not given them the instructions - :uhoh:

Can someone please provide a link to the above mentioned instructions I have searched through all 19 pages of this thread

• 3 years later...

Does anyone have direction I can give my Dealer, They are telling me its not compatible with my truck. I had a US8 radio and I swapped in an "unlocked" UUI radio, it powers on and seems to semi function however I get no audio from any speakers.

Thanks

Right, My truck is a 2009 built in 8/09. I had a 25974801 radio in my truck, am/fm cd mp3 and xm. Swapped it for a 20934593 unit which is the same but adds the usb port, with the proper cable and port. Im guessing my truck's bcm just needs to be programmed to the radio, since there is no audio from anything, no am band, no chime, no onstar, no bluetooth. Was hoping someone knew what the magic words were to tell the dealer. As the one I talked to today just totally blew me off.

Thanks

Archived