'09 Crew Cab With 4.8 Engine And 3.73 Gears

I've got the same setup with 3.23 gears and I get 15-16 which is mostly around town. The highest I've had it is 18.x but that was 3/4 highway during a vacation.

I've got the same setup with 3.23 gears and I get 15-16 which is mostly around town. The highest I've had it is 18.x but that was 3/4 highway during a vacation.

Those 3.73 gears make a lot of difference. I suspect the mileage will be lower.

• 2 months later...

I just bought an 09 Crew Cab 4x4 with the 4.8 and 3.42. So far driving back and forth to work about 60 highway and 40 rural roads. I am seeing 16.5-17. I just went on a weekend trip to western maryland. Lots of mountains and only got a little over 16. I am ok with that, but am also wondering if this is normal. I love the truck and it has plenty of power for me. I don't tow too much and I got the truck for $20000 off sticker price!

I just bought an 09 Crew Cab 4x4 with the 4.8 and 3.42. So far driving back and forth to work about 60 highway and 40 rural roads. I am seeing 16.5-17. I just went on a weekend trip to western maryland. Lots of mountains and only got a little over 16. I am ok with that, but am also wondering if this is normal. I love the truck and it has plenty of power for me. I don't tow too much and I got the truck for $20000 off sticker price!

$ 20,000 off the sticker? That had to be with a trade in. Nobody discounts new 1/2 ton pickups $ 20k.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2000 sierra and it gets between 18-20 hwy. Mind you, before i found blackbear's site i purchased a bully dog gt tuner. mostly use it to increase shift firmness and line pressure. It mounts to the window and stays plugged into the aldl all the time. It monitors trans and intake temps, maf, coolant, load %, tps %,timing, etc. Basically monitors most of the sensors the pcm monitors and displays them on the unit (about the size of a gps). The driving coach feature that comes with it is kind of cool. It tells you if you are wasting energy (fuel) during accel and decel. Before i installed the gt i was getting 16-17mpg with the driving coach i increased my mpg by 2-3. mind you, you accel like your 85 yrs old. but food for thought

Archived