Achieved 21mpg

bills fan, drove from near hartford out to buffalo, i grew up out near medina/lockport bills fan forever. i don't have dic in my lt truck, so all my math is old school. I've found with our ltz malibu, the mpg isn't accurate anyways, it's off by a couple mpg depending on conditions.

i was pretty happy with that. honestly could've done better if i was by myself and took my time and stayed below 65, probably could've gotten 22. i didn't think it was possible...... but with no head wind it can be done and a good draft behind a truck.

i keep track of every tank of gas and noticed about 1-2 mpg improvement over time, since i ditched the muffler and exhaust beyond it.

• 3 weeks later...

took another trip down to coatesville pa this weekend, 19.5 going west, 21.2 going east

by the way it's 4wd with 5.3L with active fuel management, Z71 (has the aggressive bridgestone dueller tires), no muffler, short exhaust, and a 3.73 gear ext. cab, 24,000 miles i think. I kept it below 70 and NEVER use cruise.

my tires have 45 psi in the fronts and 38 in the rears... makes a big difference, perfect tire wear too.

I achieved 21mpg in my truck yesterday on a trip to Buffalo, for 2minutes! lol Until I realized that i wanted to get there soon. If I keep it at 68mph I can achieve a steady 21mpg, running 44psi in all 4 tires, all-wheel drive.

my tires have 45 psi in the fronts and 38 in the rears... makes a big difference, perfect tire wear too.

How did you determine that? Is that the max pressure on the sidewalls? Why different between front and rear?

My mileage ain't that good...average 16 MPG on highway with nearly same vehicle as yours...but I'm running my tires at recommended 35 PSI.

How did you determine that? Is that the max pressure on the sidewalls? Why different between front and rear?

My mileage ain't that good...average 16 MPG on highway with nearly same vehicle as yours...but I'm running my tires at recommended 35 PSI.

trial and error, the first thing i do is max out the tire pressure based on sidewall limits on tire, then i back it down based on tire wear.... every 1000 miles i checked it. I've driven trucks my entire life so i have a good idea on the weight differences and how it affects tires. in the winter i will drop it down few psi though for traction.

keep in mind my normal average is between 17.5 and 18.5

Archived