Plowing With A Lifted Truck?

I've asked this question myself. I have no time to plow for any source of income, but if a plow came along for the right price, I might try to fab something to work with my truck. Knowing what I know about plow technology (semi-limited), my plan of attack will involve lowering the carton and making a triangle brace out of some pretty beefy steel.

The way I see it too with lowering carton, is it would defeat having lift on truck. You would still get hung up if you decided to stack a deep pile. Then during off season, if you were a off road person, the frame would be in your way. Unless it was made so that it coukld be removable and easy to take off.

The way I see it too with lowering carton, is it would defeat having lift on truck. You would still get hung up if you decided to stack a deep pile. Then during off season, if you were a off road person, the frame would be in your way. Unless it was made so that it coukld be removable and easy to take off.

What you're saying makes sense if someone was thinking of lifting a truck specifically to plow. There's little to no benefit to doing that. However, if someone had a lifted truck and wanted to plow their driveway or something, perhaps fabbing something would be cheaper then buying another rig. And no doubt if I were to fab something, it would be completely removable.

you still have Axles on your truck so even with the lowered carton having a lifted truck is still kinda pointless.... no matter what your axles will still be draggin @$$ unless you run full independent sus..... still its nice having the bigger tires and possably still gaining a few inches in hight

• 5 years later...

I know this is old thread but hopefully can re open it.

I am running into this issue for the upcoming season. I just bought a 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD with plow prop pkg for a reason. I plowed with my other truck (2006 2500) with leveling kit and larger tires with no problem. But I want little higher of kit, will go with 3.5" Ready Lift and slightly taller tires.

I read all this and was thinking the only issue I would have (8' BOSS plow) would be it would trip more often due to the change in angle.

I have athought of maybe installing a taller blade edge to compensate for the change in angle and to bring the blade up a bit to level out little more.

What do you guys think?

• 2 years later...

I just saw this and I'm sure you already have your answer. I have a 2016 2500 HD with a boss super duty straight blade trip Edge. My truck is leveled and I have a significant amount of ballast in the rear end of the bed up against the tailgate. The center hole of my push beam height is around 18 in with my winter tires on. I haven't had any issues with additional tripping as a result of the increased height

• 1 year later...