Making Factory Remote Start Run Longer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any way to make the factory remote start run longer than 10 minutes? My aftermarket I had installed on my old Trailblazer SS could run for 20 minutes. I am only looking to get 15 minutes from the factory one. Any ideas?

read the owners book. you can extend it out to 20

Any way to make the factory remote start run longer than 10 minutes? My aftermarket I had installed on my old Trailblazer SS could run for 20 minutes. I am only looking to get 15 minutes from the factory one. Any ideas?

Really? The dealer said there is no way to do it. I am grabbing my owners manual now, thanks man!

Really? The dealer said there is no way to do it. I am grabbing my owners manual now, thanks man!

Post what you find, I never knew that :lol:

Edit: Found this

Extending Engine Run Time For a 10 minute extension, repeat Steps 1 and 2 while the engine is still running. The remote start can only be extended once. When the remote start is extended, the second 10 minutes will start immediately. For example, if the vehicle has been running for five minutes, and 10 minutes are added, the engine will run for a total of 15 minutes. A maximum of two remote starts or remote start attempts are allowed between ignition cycles.

Not quite the same thing in my book. It would be nice to have a 15 minute setting, and not have to wait 5, then run thru the "extension procedure" again... to make it a total of 15.

From the owners manaul...

To start the vehicle using the remote start feature:

1. Aim the transmitter at the vehicle.

2. Press and release the transmitter's lock button. The vehicle's doors will lock. Immediately press and hold the transmitter's remote start button until the turn signal lights flash. If you cannot see the vehicle's lights, press and hold the remote start button for two to four seconds. Pressing the remote start button again after the vehicle has started will turn the engine off.

When the vehicle starts, the parking lamps will turn on and remain on while the vehicle is running.

If the vehicle is left running it will automatically shut off after 10 minutes unless a time extension has been done.

3. If it is the first remote start since the vehicle has been driven, repeat these steps, while the engine is still running, to extend the engine running time by 10 minutes. Remote start can be extended one time.

The engine will continue to run for 10 minutes. Repeat the steps for a 10-minute time extension. Remote start can be extended only once.

The vehicle can be remote started two separate times between driving sequences. The engine will run for 10 minutes after each remote start.

Or, you can extend the engine run time by another 10 minutes within the first 10 minute remote start time frame, and before the engine stops.

For example, if the lock button and then the remote start buttons are pressed again after the vehicle has been running for five minutes, 10 minutes are added, allowing the engine to run for 15 minutes.

The additional ten minutes are considered a second remote vehicle start.

Once two remote starts, or a single remote start with one time extension has been done, the vehicle must be started with the key. After the key is removed from the ignition, the vehicle can be remote started again.

The vehicle cannot be remote started if the key is in the ignition, the hood is not closed, or if there is an emission control system malfunction and the check engine light comes on.

Also, the engine will turn off during a remote vehicle start if the coolant temperature gets too high or if the oil pressure gets low.

<snip>

The vehicle cannot be remote started if the key is in the ignition, the hood is not closed, or if there is an emission control system malfunction and the check engine light comes on.

<snip>

And you can not remote start the vehicle is the 4-way flashers are on (at least in my truck).

There's gotta be a "run time" setting somewhere :lol: Having to do it twice is kinda silly in my eyes.

While I agree with you on this, I'll take the "pushing buttons" twice for now. I am just going to push them twice in a row and let it run for 20 minutes. It'll be nice & warm by the time I get in.

Archived