Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

88K5

6.2l Owners

Recommended Posts

Just curious as to what octane everyone is running in there 6.2L I use 87 in the winter and 93 in the summer. Figure the cool/dense air in the winter makes up for lost hp of the 87 octane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

85% of the time E-85 and the other 15% 93 octane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i run squirrel piss (87 octane) E85 if i see it available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

89 or 93 depending on the mood. :fart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shell Vpower 91, but the wife has been commuting to work, can`t see the wrong in 87 doing just that. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using E85 recently. It's about 80 cents cheaper per gallon than 93, which I would use otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93 mine says premium only

 

?

 

Should be flex fuel or recommended 93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually I run 93 Chevron. But apparently they're more proud than usual of their additives and they're $.20/gal higher than Exxon around here for Supreme. So i'm probably about to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is tuned for 91 octane, so i try to only put that in, but it is not available everywhere here in ND. I may try to use some E-85 now that gas has gone up so much.

 

On a side note. To run E-85 would it be better to put the stock tune back in, or do you think it would be better to leave the 91 octane tune in while running E-85?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the tune mine runs the same on E85 and 93. I sent files to Justin to compare as I had mine tuned with E85 and he stated there was no adjustments he would make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ryan, we don't have 93 around here only 91, but i willl try it out and see how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Shell V-power 91 or Esso (Exxon-Mobil) 91. Some stations in my area carry 94 octane but I'm never near them when I fill up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.