Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

88K5

6.2l Owners

Just curious as to what octane everyone is running in there 6.2L I use 87 in the winter and 93 in the summer. Figure the cool/dense air in the winter makes up for lost hp of the 87 octane.

85% of the time E-85 and the other 15% 93 octane

i run squirrel piss (87 octane) E85 if i see it available.

89 or 93 depending on the mood. :fart:

Shell Vpower 91, but the wife has been commuting to work, can`t see the wrong in 87 doing just that. :D

I've been using E85 recently. It's about 80 cents cheaper per gallon than 93, which I would use otherwise.

93 mine says premium only

?

Should be flex fuel or recommended 93

Usually I run 93 Chevron. But apparently they're more proud than usual of their additives and they're $.20/gal higher than Exxon around here for Supreme. So i'm probably about to change.

Mine is tuned for 91 octane, so i try to only put that in, but it is not available everywhere here in ND. I may try to use some E-85 now that gas has gone up so much.

On a side note. To run E-85 would it be better to put the stock tune back in, or do you think it would be better to leave the 91 octane tune in while running E-85?

For the tune mine runs the same on E85 and 93. I sent files to Justin to compare as I had mine tuned with E85 and he stated there was no adjustments he would make.

Thanks Ryan, we don't have 93 around here only 91, but i willl try it out and see how it works.

I use Shell V-power 91 or Esso (Exxon-Mobil) 91. Some stations in my area carry 94 octane but I'm never near them when I fill up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.