The Regular Cab Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the RSCB's. Keeping the rake and maybe adding helpers cause I tow a lot. 184k and still going. 16.8 mpg average towing 3 times a week! I doubt I will ever trade this truck. If I ever get a 3/4 ton it will be a RCLB but I am keeping the shortie no matter what. Can't stand extended cabs or four doors.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive had me 99 stepside rc for a bit more than 2 years now, love it!

It sits fairly high considering all Ive done is rancho 9000's and 265-75-16 Bridgestones, most of this is in the sig but its

been a long while since Ive posted, and who doesnt like pictures!

I have had my eyes on about 3 inches of lift and bigger tires but its just not in the budget right now

2011-07-19_18-41-46_374.jpg

2011-06-16_12-51-37_182.jpg

^^^ As far as gas mileage goes, and it does have some variance depending on gears/engine/tires/etc, these trucks are above average as far as I have seen, better than my 'ol dodge!

Why would it matter at all if it was an 03-07 (as the gmt-800 platform goes from 99-07) ???

The reg cabs generally all use the 5.3/4.8 or 4.3 as far as I know (excluding the HD 6+ liter versions)

So far, have had my truck over 2 and a half years now, I rarely go on Highway trips outside of hunting season; All my driving is considered strictly city (light to light) for the below information:

I can romp on the gas for an entire tank and get about 14.5 (never had worse than 14.5, which seems to me to be good mpg's for a truck)

Or I can drive ultra-conservatively and get hopefully 16 ,,, but more than likely it will be the same darn 15-15.5 as when I have fun (16 seems to constantly allude me)

Other than those figures,

My personal best highway mileage from a long roadtrip was 18.5

I have the reg cab, stepside pictured above

5.3 liter v-8 ~133,000 miles

3.73 gears, seems to be a good setup for me because I can burn rubber whenever and get decent highway mpg's

I think that I could attain better mileage, but mpg's are largely based on the right foot, (It is the Operator, not necessarily the Machine that decides how a mechanical device performs)

and as a typical 21 year old male, I prefer "smiles per gallon" so my figures may not be entirely representative of what gas mileage these trucks can actually get

Your Mileage May Vary :thumbs:

Archived