Engine Swap?

mathewsmatt

Question

12 answers to this question

02 Would be OBDII and the injection system is different. With a little comparison, I'd be tempted to believe that the long block less intake would swap, but I'd compare them very closely. Crank sensors and the like can make for tricky swaps.

Completely different generation of engines but it can be done, I currently have a 5.3 out of an 02 in my 95 but don't think it's a matter of just pulling one engine and putting the new one in. Oh yeah be ready to break your wallet out a good bit tooLast year of the 5.7 in half ton trucks was '99

I believe it was still available in the 3500 series. The GMT400 chassis continued for several years after the 99 Silverado came out.

nope,just looked

Better look again. :lol: The 350 was in production from late 1967 to 2003.

My information could be wrong, but it appears the 350 was available in the Kodiak/TopKick trucks until 2005.

My information says that 1996-1999 350 5.7L interchanges with very little change.

Correct, only difference I can think off of the top of my head would be the use of the 0411 PCM starting in '98 I believe.

The 1996 is a Gen 3 motor, the 2002 will prob be a Gen 4 (Lsx series) motor if I had to guess.

Nope, it's Gen I. Gen II are engines such as the LT1, the LM7 is Gen III, and the new 5.3's (forget the RPO code) are Gen IV

Archived