03 Escalade DIC steering wheel controls don't work

Hey All,

I just picked up an 03 Escalade EXT. The steering wheel controls to control the drivers information center do not work. None of them light up either. I am unsure of the history of the truck, as I did not talk to the previous owner. The radio controls on the wheel work fine. Can anyone give me any pointers on where to start troubleshooting? Thanks!

Jaxon

This is just an idea...

There have been a lot of issues with the guage clusters for gmt 800s. It is possible that the PO replaced the guage cluster and the DIC was not reprogrammed into the cluster.

As far as the lights go, 3 of 4 of mine light up, I think the bulbs go out over time, just like the rest of the dash/radio/hvac bulbs have in my truck.

Hope this helps...it is just a thought.

Mike

This is just an idea...

There have been a lot of issues with the guage clusters for gmt 800s. It is possible that the PO replaced the guage cluster and the DIC was not reprogrammed into the cluster.

As far as the lights go, 3 of 4 of mine light up, I think the bulbs go out over time, just like the rest of the dash/radio/hvac bulbs have in my truck.

Hope this helps...it is just a thought.

Mike

Thanks Mike - It's possible the previous owner changed the cluster - but no way really to find out. I'm wondering if it's not a problem in the clockspring, which is why the lights are out? I will test the bulbs this weekend.

Archived