Bed Cover Question

Getting ready to purchase a GMC 3500HD Denali. When not hauling a 5th wheel I want a bed cover that's lockable that I can put on the truck and remove without much fanfare. Is this something that's available through GMC, or elsewhere? You've probably figured it out, but just in case, I am a rookie.

Any suggestions?

I bought the GM hard folding cover with the premium convertible type material and so far I really like it. It can be removed very quickly by folding it, unlatching the front and lift off. I can't say how the material will hold up in the weather over time but I park in a garage so it won't be a problem for me.

I looked at several folding hard covers that did not have the material over the hard part of the cover and it just looked like a lot of potential for leaks and I just did not like the looks of them.

I had a Pace Edwards roll top on my 1998 and mostly liked it but keeping the drains open was a problem.

I fogot about the locking part, my truck came with locking tailgate

I will say i did just buy mine last week and the best prices i could find were on amazon

I have a Fold-a-cover G4 Elite on my truck. I love this cover in all ways but 1. The great points are that it is locking, it folds foward and doesn't block vision out the rear glass, although it doesn't give you access to the forward most part of the bed for tall objects. The bad part is that it isn't nearly as waterproof as it should be. I had an ARE hard fiberglass cover on my last truck, and it never leaked a drop. It also wasn't removable.

Mines only been on my truck for 2 days, my brother has had his on his f150 for 4 years with out leaks tho. Also you dont need to fold it to the window. Every panel latches, so you can open it only as far as you need

GP-Silverado - Thanks for the info. The guys with the Backflip and GM cover didn't mention wheter or not they had leaking problems. Also, I wonder about noise - both from wind and bumps.

GM cover, no leaks, no noise.

GM's locking tailgate is a real joke. It locks, however, all anyone needs to do is to pull out the plastic inserts in the cover and it [the plastic cover] will come off. Then, one can unlock the tailgate with a flick of a lever and then open it. The cover should be metal instead of plastic and should be rivited to the tailgate.

I found this out when my tailgate lock cover fell off after I was driving over some rough terrain on my farm. After missing the cover, I backtracked my route and found the cover in the grass.

GP-Silverado - Thanks for the info. The guys with the Backflip and GM cover didn't mention wheter or not they had leaking problems. Also, I wonder about noise - both from wind and bumps.

It's about 99% at keeping water out. I'm also using a tailgate seal to help with that.

Archived