iGo Primo mapping on OGM-1

It's official: iGo Primo is now able to be installed on the Advent series of OE Navigation systems. I was able to shoot a short video showing the software on the Advent OGM-1 at the 2012 CES Show in Las Vegas.

This new interface is a definite step up and adds a new dimension to what we already think is the best solution for navigation in new body style GM trucks.

For more information on iGo Primo, here's a couple links:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be a good option for us, but I'd like to know how well the software navigates. Can one enter a destination and then see the complete route to check accuracy? Can one add waypoints to the route and how easy is it to alter the route? Is there an option to map a route on a computer and then upload the route to the NAV? Looking at the naviextras.com site - is Advancedice Hitech7 the option we would choose to buy maps?

This could be a good option for us, but I'd like to know how well the software navigates. Can one enter a destination and then see the complete route to check accuracy? Can one add waypoints to the route and how easy is it to alter the route? Is there an option to map a route on a computer and then upload the route to the NAV?

I don't have a lot of experience yet on iGo, since the only other manufacturer we deal with that uses it is Rosen, and we haven't sold any of those since the Advent came out. :sigh:

There was a fairly major upgrade of the iGo Primo system last quarter, but I don't know exactly what it changed.

I know that you can simulate the route and I know you add waypoints very easily, but I'm not aware of any way to transfer a route from PC to the unit.

I'll ask some more questions today and play with the system and get a little more familiar with it, but I think the benefits will become evident after living with it for awhile.

how soon can we get this installed? Anything at this point is better than the current navigation option we have...

I'll get more info today...

That video is definitely exciting and the software seems to be really responsive.

Map updates appear to be available on the naviextras.com site following the path of Audiovox USA - OEM style head units for $100 one time or a yearly subscription for $130?

OUTSTANDING!! Cant wait for it to be released.

I have been using iGo for years including Primo (My Way v8 I had on older devices). The primo release did a lot of streamlining of the interface.

The thing with iGO is it is not meant to be sold direclty to people. It is meant to be skined so how good it can be depends on the skin and how much time they put into it. Judging by the video the spent some time on it. Looks great!

I am definitly going to upgrade as soon as I can.

Thanks Walt! And thanks advent for the option!

Ernie

That video is definitely exciting and the software seems to be really responsive.

Map updates appear to be available on the naviextras.com site following the path of Audiovox USA - OEM style head units for $100 one time or a yearly subscription for $130?

Exactly. I registered this morning and saw what you saw:

igo_primo_cost.JPG

I ran into a slight snag loading it (it would not finish the install) and I've sent a message to Advent to see if they've seen the issue before.

I don't want to recommend anything here until I do it myself, but if anyone has done the download and gotten the install to finish, please post your comments. I promise to follow up with mine when I get it to run.

Walt

Hi Walt. Sorry if I missed something but is there somewhere we can actually download it from for the Advent? Or are you saying you can download it from one of the links above?

Thanks

Ernie

I'm making sure before I recommend anything.

The guys in the know are traveling back home from CES. I'm sure I'll have an answer by Monday.

Archived