iGo Primo mapping on OGM-1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to wonder if this thing isn't ready for prime time yet. I'm sure Walt will get it figured out. I know I will feel a whole lot more comfortable downloading this after Walt has had time to play with it.

I'm starting to wonder if this thing isn't ready for prime time yet. I'm sure Walt will get it figured out. I know I will feel a whole lot more comfortable downloading this after Walt has had time to play with it.

I agree.....and in all honesty, other than the clock location and a couple of other very minor things, I'm not at all unhappy with the current Navmate software.

What's the status? Did you get the NAV system to load successfully?

I did, and I even made a cool boot screen for the iGo map and added a few dozen 3D cars as well! Working on adding the red light cameras today...

The entire problem was an issue with the firmware loaded into the unit that I was using to test. For some unknown reason, though it was a 10-28-11 firmware (which is the first version that would allow you to change), it was acting like it didn't have the components in place to allow it to use the iGo mapping.

After two different SD cards and one download, it became obvious that there was something else going on. I could have just grabbed another radio (which I eventually did and it worked PERFECTLY), but it wouldn't have done me any good to just move on until I figured this one out.

So I downloaded and installed a new copy of the firmware and it worked like a champ on the next try! I've been corresponding with my friends at Advent and they assure me that the iGo platform is 100% compatible and bulletproof on this version of firmware (and of course it will be on future firmwares as well), so my hesitation regarding moving foward with retrofitting was a little parnoid on my end, I guess.

I will shoot and post a short video showing the installation process later today and I'll be adding another post listing some iGo resources on the web. There's a TON of stuff out there that lets you customize this system relatively easily if you decide to use it.

Previous ADC Mobile customers: Contact me via email ONLY for guidance on migrating to iGo (you can use the contact form on www.adcmobile.com if you like). I can't yet offer detailed advice in this forum.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll wait until you're satisfied that the software is robust enough for mass consumption before doing anything. I am anxious though!

Walt WTF? In the middle of the worst storm of the season and here you are hooking us up? Your the Man! I hope you have power. I hope the rest of you know what walt is going thru right now. snow storms, Ice storms, flodding. Damn mother nature is a b!tch.

Back on topic. Looks good man.You know you have mail from me!

Archived