Corsa vs. db Corsa Exhaust

I'm considering buying an exhaust for my 2009 GM Sierra 1500 5.3 CC.

I've narrowed it down to 2 exhausts offered by Corsa #24094.

My question is, is there really a big difference between the both (Corsa vs. db Corsa)?

The reason I ask is cause a complete new db Corsa exhaust is available to me for $320 shipped.

the same exhaust by Corsa is available for about $900 shipped.

I've done several searches to see any major difference and I can't find any....well aside from one having CORSA engraved on it as well as double trips.

Any feedback is welcome.

The more expensive Corsa uses a higher grade stainless, has different clamps, the tip as you mentioned and a factory-style inlet pipe. I have had my dB exhaust since June and am happy with it. Couldn't see any real benefit to spending twice as much on the Corsa. The dB is the same muffler as a Corsa Sport.

the Corsa Sport and Touring exhaust are made of 304 stainless, come with band clamps, have a dual tip in the single side exit kit, and also have a flex pipe at the front like the factory exhaust.

the dB Series is made of 409 stainless, comes with C-clamps (which crush the tubes permanently for a seal), has single tip in the single side exit kit, and does not have a flex pipe at the front.

that being said i have the dB series single side exit exhaust, i also bought a pair of Accuseal band clamps and exhaust cement to seal the connections properly so i can easily remove it in the future if i want to, and i am very satisfied! the sound is the same you would get from their Sport exhaust.

Thanks for the info guys......This is exactly what I needed to know.

"2010TexasEdition"

I'm going to have to look into "Accuseal band clamps and exhaust cement to seal" as well.

I was wondering if you did this just so you could remove the exhaust, if you chose to? Or do you feel the original clamps might be prone to leaking after some time?

Thanks again

Thanks for the info guys......This is exactly what I needed to know.

"2010TexasEdition"

I'm going to have to look into "Accuseal band clamps and exhaust cement to seal" as well.

I was wondering if you did this just so you could remove the exhaust, if you chose to? Or do you feel the original clamps might be prone to leaking after some time?

Thanks again

you can use the c-clamps that come in the kit, just read the instructions carefully on the proper position of them, because they are designed to crush the pipe connections shut making the seal. thats why they're permanent once installed. i would still use exhaust cement/puddy with the c-clamps if you don't plan on taking it to a muffler shop to get welded together. it just creates a better seal.

• 1 month later...

I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought the "db Corsa" exhaust system last month. The complete system was offered to me for $320 including shipping and I just couldn't pass on the deal.

Anyhow, I went down to the local muffler shop today to have it installed. The reason I took it to the shop is cause I wanted to get it welded instead of using the clams that came with the system.

WOW!.!.! This thing sounds AMAZING!.!.! When I first turned the truck on after the install, I have to be honest and say I was pretty disappointed cause it sounded exactly like the stock system. That all changed as soon as I hit the road and opened her up at bit. The exhaust sounds loud enough to turn heads but quiet enough to be able to hold a conversation in the cab without being overwhelmed by the sound.

Now I'll cross my fingers and hope my MPG goes up 1 or 2 MPG..... I know, wishful thinking on my end:-)

@TimmyG,

I bought the system from "Premier Performance Products" online. They were running a Closeout Deal, not sure if they still have any left.

@2010TexasEdition,

"Damn You"!!!!!!! J/K,

Thanks for the info

My mileage didn't improve any. It was worse for the first tank or two because every start I was hard on the gas to hear it. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Corsa Sport and Touring exhaust are made of 304 stainless, come with band clamps, have a dual tip in the single side exit kit, and also have a flex pipe at the front like the factory exhaust.

the dB Series is made of 409 stainless, comes with C-clamps (which crush the tubes permanently for a seal), has single tip in the single side exit kit, and does not have a flex pipe at the front.

that being said i have the dB series single side exit exhaust, i also bought a pair of Accuseal band clamps and exhaust cement to seal the connections properly so i can easily remove it in the future if i want to, and i am very satisfied! the sound is the same you would get from their Sport exhaust.

For anyone getting the dB exhaust I think using the Accuseal Torca clamp is a good idea. The Torca clamps came with my Corsa and are nice clamps and allow you ro remove or reposition the system. I would also suggest putting antisieze on the threads and torqueing to 45 foot pounds as called for in the sport/touring install instructions. Just pointing this out as it won't be mentioned in the dB instructions.

Archived