ABS/hub issue again

About a year and a half ago, I had the all too common issue of the ABS kicking in when rolling to a stop. I removed and cleaned the wheel speed sensor mounting area but it didn't work. I replaced both front hubs and the problem went away. Now it's starting to to happen again. The hubs are from Napa and only have about 10K miles on them. I'm going to try the cleaning trick again but if that doesn't work, anyone know of a quality wheel hub that will actually last more than 10k miles? Factory prices are crazy but I'll go that route if they will actually last awhile. Thanks.

STAY AWAY FROM SKF Bearings. Junk. Find an ACDelco parts distributor. They can get you OEM Delco wheel bearings for like 200. It's worth it. They fit perfectly. The SKF ones I got really had to be mashed in. It isn't a good scene.

I will keep that in mind. I removed the sensors and cleaned the mating surfaces on both sides today. Hopefully that will fix it, at least for awhile. Interestingly, one side had a thin spacer under the sensor so these hubs must be remaned and the sensor head clearance on that one must not have been quite right? Either way, that one was rusted to hell after only one year, ugh. Stupid design.

Archived