I have really been thingking about debadging my tailgate and peeling off my Z71 stickers but we have these parking spaces really close to our dorms that are for "fuel efficient" vehicles only. The sign says only 4 cylinder 2L engines or hybrid/flexfuel, so if I take off the flexfuel badge I will probly get a ticket. And it will look ridiculous to leave just that one ugly green rectangle on. The stressful dilemas that I must go through day in and day out. Solutions?

Take off the badges, park in the correct space even if it is further out and walk to your dorm. Yes, the SD winters suck, but you won't have any tickets and you will benifit from the exercise. Most importantly, your truck will thank you. Besides, you will be out of the dorms and in a new place in a couple of years at the most.

Take off the badges, park in the correct space even if it is further out and walk to your dorm. Yes, the SD winters suck, but you won't have any tickets and you will benifit from the exercise. Most importantly, your truck will thank you. Besides, you will be out of the dorms and in a new place in a couple of years at the most.

^

+1

+2

Wow this brings back memories of the horrible life problems I had to deal with when I was in college ! :rolleyes:

Leave the badges on and forget it. What are you ashamed of what you drive?

Park in that spot anyway, just because you remove the badge doesn't make it a non-flex fuel vehicle all of the sudden. If they give you a ticket, then fight it.

Alot of time and energy to fight over something that is so simple to leave on for like 4 years or less or just park in a different spot . In less the OP is a fat guy and does not like walking and if you are the walking would be good for you .

Park in that spot anyway, just because you remove the badge doesn't make it a non-flex fuel vehicle all of the sudden. If they give you a ticket, then fight it.
+1 The ability to fight for what is right makes America what is. Park your truck in the legal spot and if you get a ticket fight it. Its your right and after you get the ticket thrown out, leave the paper work from the court on your window for the next jackass cop who tries to write a bull shit parking ticket.

Archived