Who rides horses?

Morgan1986

Tennessee walking horse I ride they are a good strong smooth trail horse with good feet. I do not own any but my parents do and I get to ride them about once a year now. I use to do alot of riding when I lived with my parents.

Horses scare the shit outta me. I hunt and for some reason I just don't like horses lol.

To be honest they scare me still. They are a powerful animal and if they decide that they dont want something done. They will learn soon your just a fly. If your a good rider you can spin them in circles and run them hard along time but that is scary . my parents have really good horses that are broke as can be . I have seen my dad take his rifle and shoot with his gun resting on the saddle. He likes horses for going off trail while moose hunting . he also likes atvs the 6 wheeler polaris is his fav for hunting.

Just with a good trail horse there far more capable than a atv is off trial. They are awesome for swimming across rivers with and going thrue the bush and there is alot of laws in canada where you cant take a motorized vehicle off the trail so many feet.

Being all said tho . I dont have the money or time to have a amazing horse that is like a machine. It is far safer,cheaper, easier for me to afford atv .

I love horses they are amazing animals capable animals but for them to work for you they have to be a passion of your life and I know they are not a passion of mine.

I don't, but my daughter (11) is active in the local 4H horse group, and her and my wife help take care of a few nearby (feed, brush, ride, etc.). The 4H group head is careful to put young folks only with older/gentler horses, since young, temperamental horses can be very dangerous. Horses are very different than cattle. They form opinions, get jealous, and throw fits.

My dad really likes horses, and we had five at one time growing up. That was long ago.

I haven't ridden since I was little at my Aunts farm. My fiance's Mom has like 25 horses, 12 are hers and the rest are borders. I'm allowed to ride when ever I want to but just have no desire...but I do take my 4 wheeler over there and ride on all the horse trails... :D

Like anything else "Go Big or Go Home" we have 5 pasture ornimantes at this time the wife will ride once or twice a month, but I have a two wheel cart that I "drive" with one of our little horses. 4 of ours are Perchrons and one is a Tenn Walking horse. I have carted them all over the place over the years one of ours died at 32 years old, so they can be around a long time with very little care. :jester:

but I do take my 4 wheeler over there and ride on all the horse trails... :D

That's way more my style, I can control my fourwheeler. The idea of what youre riding having a mind of it's own scares me.. if it wants to do anything, you're along for the ride. That and they can tell if you're scared...

Its true they can tell if your scared . They can also tell if your a man or a boy . Someone that is a boss and will take control of the situation and will not put up with bullshiat . I have seen some mean horses just like people and will take advantage of a new rider or a timid rider. At the same time tho ive seen nice horses that will be extra good with a younger person that is timid.

At the same time tho ive seen nice horses that will be extra good with a younger person that is timid.

My daughter was walking an older 4H horse along w/ my wife, when my youngest (6 at the time) ran underneath his head/neck. His hoof stopped mid air and he held that position until my son was visible. They are very smart. Just like people, behavior is a partly a product of their experiences.

At the same time tho ive seen nice horses that will be extra good with a younger person that is timid.

My daughter was walking an older 4H horse along w/ my wife, when my youngest (6 at the time) ran underneath his head/neck. His hoof stopped mid air and he held that position until my son was visible. They are very smart. Just like people, behavior is a partly a product of their experiences.

That is true about the behavior is partly a product of their experiences. At the same time it is not tho take someones kids and if they have like 4 kids . One will be timid, one will be out going, one might be a girl and just totally different and the other one might be (insert ) I am a twin and I am way different than my bro and I have know 3 other set of twins and they where way different . Same parents but way different personalities .

To me some people are born with a mean streak and some are not .

Archived