OGM-1 clock or software issue

Ok here is a new one, or maybe not just haven't seen it.

2012 OGM-1 install, 2011 Chevy Silverado, IGO Nav software, current firmware.

Daylight savings time ended the other day. Went to re-set the clock up one hour. Hour digit changed and stayed changed for exactly one minute or until the clock rolled over to the next minute, this caused the hour to reset back one hour on its own. Nothing you do with the clock will re-set the time.

Did everything except a hard system reset or boot, which shouldn't need to be done anyway. Contacted Walt and am just waiting to see what Advent says, he had no idea.

Anyone else experience this issue?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same issue. The only way I could "solve" it was to change my timezone from Mountain to Arizona. It then let me keep the time.

I think the software must not have been updated with the new DST dates instituted a few years back. That wouldn't explain it fully, though.

Mine details are a 2012 OGM-1 install, 2009 GMC Sierra, IGO Nav software, current firmware.

I have the same issue. The only way I could "solve" it was to change my timezone from Mountain to Arizona. It then let me keep the time.

I think the software must not have been updated with the new DST dates instituted a few years back. That wouldn't explain it fully, though.

Thanks for the info, I'll try that and see what happens.

Same issue here. If your on eastern time change from GMT-5:00 to GMT-6:00. It doesn't seem to like DST. I changed my clock two or three times and after like 5 minutes it would revert to the "correct" time. I thought I was going insane. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, guys - here's the response from Advent:

Walt

Here is what we found, there is a Daylight savings time bug in iGo.

Change the regional settings under the Map software to remove the check mark for Auto Time Zone and Daylight savings time.

Then under the radio clock setting match the Nav software time.

We are working with iGo to get this fixed quick.

IMG_20120313_153356.JPG

IMG_20120313_153425.JPG

Walt, I tried exactly that on Sunday but ended up changing my timezone to fix it. I'll have to try the fix you outline once again to see if works.

It's nice that they're on this stuff so quick. What a breath of fresh air. I can't imagine trying to get my software company to fix something that quick!

Ok guys I had the same problem with the exact same setup. Here's how I fixed it. I reinstalled the firmware. Then when the radio restarted the time was an hour ahead instead of an hour behind. So I went through and did a hard reset like you're supposed to, next I changed the radio so that it knew there was a factory amp. Reset again. When the radio restarted again I set the time zone so it was on the correct time zone but I never set the time or date. After a few minutes the clock updated and said the correct time.

It must be an issue between what the iGo system is getting for time from GPS and what the Advent radio is set to. So if you have a fresh firmware with no time set it will just go off GPS time.

Walt the fix you suggested above didn't work for me. Removing the check from Daylight Savings and Auto Time Zone did nothing for the fix. I also tried to set GMT manually for my time zone in IGO and that did nothing, the time still changes back.

The only fix that I have found so far is the one suggested by "parshal", changing it to Arizona time zone, which doesn’t have DST.

Doing a hard re-boot of the system might fix it but I don't want to do that and loose the pre-sets I have now. Don't see why to simply change the time you would need to do a hard re-boot every time in the first place like "hahler2" went through.

Playing with this some more I found there most likely is a glitch in the software but I don’t think it has to do with IGO. IGO’s time can be set correctly using GMT or checking the boxes and letting IGO handle it. IGO’s time is correct and will stay correct when adjusted. The “glitch” is in the head unit firmware conflicting with the IGO software.

The issue is the GMT setting in the head unit and not having a provision for automatic DST as does IGO. In IGO you can set the GMT manually to adjust for DST or have it do it automatically and adjust for DST. The head unit firmware has no provision for manual GMT setting only regional and they conflict.

Just my take on it and I could be wrong but the only fix, other then maybe a hard re-boot, is to change the head unit to a time zone that has no DST provision then change the time allowing it to match the time of IGO.

I updated the time on mine after the DST change and didnt have any problems.

I take back ^ this post, I was only looking at the IGO time, which is correct. My "system" time of the Advent unit is incorrect.

I know I had a similar problem with a Pioneer AVIC unit I had which was essentially the same setup; Windows CE running a custom frontend for A/V and a separate stand alone nav software.

On that unit the issue was with how Windows CE handled DST time. Because the time tables were written into CE so long ago they use the old dates before it was changed in 2007. If the problem is actually the same, it should correct itself the first Sunday in April, which was when DST used to start.

I know I had a similar problem with a Pioneer AVIC unit I had which was essentially the same setup; Windows CE running a custom frontend for A/V and a separate stand alone nav software. On that unit the issue was with how Windows CE handled DST time. Because the time tables were written into CE so long ago they use the old dates before it was changed in 2007. If the problem is actually the same, it should correct itself the first Sunday in April, which was when DST used to start.

Interesting, I had no idea the Pioneer units used Windows CE as well. I guess we will find out in a couple weeks if you're correct or not. I know that Microsfot released a patch for that DST issue though.

Archived