OGM-1 clock or software issue

Advent uses the system time in Windows CE, which is where the bug exists.

But yes, I agree, it should use iGo as the time source, since that should be current anytime there is a connection to two or more GPS satellites.

Microsoft will never fix an issue with Windows CE. CE is at least 3 generations old now. Maybe Advent can port this to Windows Mobile or Windows Phone 7?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with everyone else here. I've tried every different combination I can think of and cannot get the correct time to show....

Leave iGo to do it's thing automatically. Turn off automatic time in Advent's menu and set your time zone for one ahead of you. So if you're on central time (I think Louisania is at least) then set it for eastern.

I'm with everyone else here. I've tried every different combination I can think of and cannot get the correct time to show....

Leave iGo to do it's thing automatically. Turn off automatic time in Advent's menu and set your time zone for one ahead of you. So if you're on central time (I think Louisania is at least) then set it for eastern.

This is a "fix", but for Advent to not have a solution and post a software update to this problem by now is frustrating and ridiculous. For the amount of money paid for such a system this glitch should not be happening.

This is a "fix", but for Advent to not have a solution and post a software update to this problem by now is frustrating and ridiculous. For the amount of money paid for such a system this glitch should not be happening.

Sorry for the delay, but it's not really an Advent problem - it's a WinCE problem. New firmware is slated for next week.

Sorry for the delay, but it's not really an Advent problem - it's a WinCE problem. New firmware is slated for next week.

The daylight savings change happened 5 years ago, and MS released a fix for it in early 07. If the Advent could be setup to allow active syn with your pc, you would be able to apply the fix. How long has the Advent OGM1(and the other versions) been around?

An issue that takes 3 minutes to work around is "frustrating and ridiculous"?

I'd hate to see how you'd react to an actual problem in life if that is the case.

Sorry but I don't feel at all cheated out of what I paid for the unit because of this. Small details like this are more than offset by the added functionality of the deck over everything else out there.

Mike, you don't know me so please don't judge me and how I deal with life - I handle things just fine. There are 3 pages on this topic, and this was my first post on the topic so I don't think I was the only person with a complaint. Now that Walt clarified that it is a Windows issue and not an Advent issue that makes things more clear. I never said I feel cheated and I agree with you, the functionality of this deck is great (except for the clock issue which is Bill Gates fault :P )

Mike, you don't know me so please don't judge me and how I deal with life - I handle things just fine. There are 3 pages on this topic, and this was my first post on the topic so I don't think I was the only person with a complaint. Now that Walt clarified that it is a Windows issue and not an Advent issue that makes things more clear. I never said I feel cheated and I agree with you, the functionality of this deck is great (except for the clock issue which is Bill Gates fault :P )

I believe it’s an Advent issue as Microsoft has a patch out for this very issue that started a while back when the dates for Daylight Savings time. Where I work we use Windows CE and XP Embedded on thin clients and they have the same issue with the time change . The issue is resolved by applying Microsoft’s Daylight Savings Time Patch. So yes, it is a windows issue but it’s up to advent to release a patch in its firmware update to resolve the issue or they can let us complain a few weeks until the OGM1 changes to the correct time anyway.

I believe it’s an Advent issue as Microsoft has a patch out for this very issue that started a while back when the dates for Daylight Savings time. Where I work we use Windows CE and XP Embedded on thin clients and they have the same issue with the time change . The issue is resolved by applying Microsoft’s Daylight Savings Time Patch. So yes, it is a windows issue but it’s up to advent to release a patch in its firmware update to resolve the issue or they can let us complain a few weeks until the OGM1 changes to the correct time anyway.

I would prefer Advent creating a menu option to access the operating system so the end user can simply apply updates or hotfixes from MS. The fix for this was released by MS 5 years ago. Advent should have applied the fix to the operating system 5 years ago.

I would prefer Advent creating a menu option to access the operating system so the end user can simply apply updates or hotfixes from MS. The fix for this was released by MS 5 years ago. Advent should have applied the fix to the operating system 5 years ago.

Since this unit is just now celebrating its first birthday, I understand it's the first time anyone saw the problem as it wasn't available last year at this time (we sold our first unit on April 20, 2011). If they knew it was an going to be a problem, I guarantee they would have been scrambling to solve it last year instead of getting hit with it now.

Having said this, I can guarantee everyone in this forum that if a clock setting was the biggest issue I had to deal with on other manufacturer's units, I would be a VERY happy camper indeed...

Walt, Please let us know when the update comes out. I still can't get mine to set to the right time for more than 5 minutes.

Did the workaround I described not work?

Don't touch iGo, leave it at auto. Go into the Advent setup menu and set your time zone for 1 ahead (east) of your location. If your're on eastern time, use atlantic.

Archived