Chicago Auto Show 2003

chevy4x4trucks

I am going.  The 14th may not work (I have senior design on fridays but its not every week).  I am thining of a friday or monday to go.  Definitly ill be there

Count me in Jon, just let me know when you wanna go and I'm in.  Boat show is about 10 days away so I'll be down at McCormick place soon checking out the new Doos!!

Joe

we should do the same thing as last year, skip work or school on friday and head down there nice and early.  I'll see if casey wants to go again as well.

I'll have my new digicam to take a bunch of pics, now to just get a 64 or 128 meg memory card for it to store all of them.

Do you think you can get a few free tickets again this year?

whats the one car/truck you guys are dying to see???  For me its the 04 GTO i hope they have one

I wouldn't mind seeing the GTO, but I guess I want to see all of them.  For me it's the entire show, tons of cars that you get to play around in all in one place.

But, I think it's worthwhile to go just to see all the concepts up close and personal.

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/

its not updated yet but it will be soon.  They still have all the 02 stuff

Are you guys getting free tickets?  I can try and scrounge up some extras.  (i know i will be getting at least 5 and I need these for family and my gf so i will try and get more)

I'm in and keep in mind, I don't need to skip work.  I'm already down here so we could even do it during the week after work when it's the slowest at the show anyway.  That'd give us the most opportunity to sit in everything and breaking something on the Kia's like I have been doing every year now. :(

I may upset others, but I generally only check out GM displays and meander over to ford for a quick stroll.  I could care less about everything else.

I too want the GTO, I may keep the beater Grand Prix long enough to use it as a trade in.

Well I think we should shoot for friday the 14th then and you can meet us down there after work.  I went on the first day last year and it wasn't all that crowded, but when I went again on saturday it was jam packed, at least 3x more people and it was almost impossible to take pics or sit in cars to check them out w/o waiting in a looooong line.

Not to mention that in the course of one day all the radio and ac knobs were all ripped off.

I really wanna go back and try to jam my legs into a compact car or the backseat of some of the pickups :(

The two weekends are a madhouse.  Always have been, always will be.

The best time to go is weeknights and stay until they turn off the lights.  I gaurantee in that 1/2 hour to 1 hour window (9:30 - 10:30 when the lights go out) you can probably hit EVERY vehicle in the place without other humanoid interference.

When they show those auto show previews on TV and you see only 2 or 3 people on each display, this is what it's kinda like.

I may upset others, but I generally only check out GM displays and meander over to ford for a quick stroll.  I could care less about everything else.

I am the same exact way.  Also gotta check out the old cars

Archived