Chamois Suggestions

I need to get a new chamois since the one I use has a few holes in it and it getting close to the end of its life.

What are your suggestions on a good chamois? Are any of the ones that you can get at the auto parts stores any good?

I found one at Harbor Freight for $12 too. Has anybody tried that one?

My dad had an extra one lying around but all it is good for is pushing the water around and streaking even worse.

I would agree that a waffle weave microfiber drying towel is the best thing to use for drying. Don't bother trying to wring them out. I use 3 to complelely dry my Tahoe so you can probably get by with two for a pickup. When the first one starts to get real damp and leave fine water droplets I use it to get up the bulk of the water as I move around the vehicle and a second one in the other hand to dry the fine droplets. If you have not used microfiber before do not wash and dry it with cotton towels or use fabric softener.

One trick to get a good bit of the water off the truck before drying is to do a final rinse by removing the hose nozzle and flood the truck with water without splashing the water as much as possible. The sheeting action of the water tends to pull more water off the vehicle especially if it is well waxed and tends to bead up. It really makes a difference.

One trick to get a good bit of the water off the truck before drying is to do a final rinse by removing the hose nozzle and flood the truck with water without splashing the water as much as possible. The sheeting action of the water tends to pull more water off the vehicle especially if it is well waxed and tends to bead up. It really makes a difference.

This is what I usually try to do but I cannot get the spray nozzle off of my hose at the moment. The previous home owners left the hose and nozzle when they moved but it won't budge. I've tried everything. I have been meaning to pick up a new hose and hose reel but other more important projects have taken over most of the funds at the moment so I'm having to deal with what I've got. Might try to pick up a new hose this weekend though.

You may also think about getting a hose end cutoff and even quick connects to make it easy to remove the nozzle. I attach and use one of those garden watering wands to flood the truck for the final rinse. I removed the shower head and put on a 6 inch piece of hose. This lets me reach the top and get close to the truck to keep the water from splashing and not fear hitting the paint with a brass hose fitting.

I thought about that but it's a cheap hose. It kinks all the time and has two small pin-sized holes in it. I want to get a no-kink hose anyways and a new hose reel so I figured why bother with fixing a cheap and broken hose.

I'm just making due with it for now. The garden wand is a good idea though. Might have to pick one of those up.

If you do pick up a wand just use a piece of your old hose for the tip. The one I had the shower head just screwed off and the six inch piece of hose end with the female fitting screwed right on.

Heck i use a mr clean auto dry, then let it dry it self, even works on all the chrome on my bikes, no drying, no polishing!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I love "The Absorber" It doesn't scratch paint, works better the older it is. Walmart or advance either one should have them. I wouldn't trust any imitations though.

I've always used "The Absorber" too. You can easily find them for about $9-10 at Advance Auto or Walmart. I've used several different kinds of drying towels from microfiber to expensive leather chamois cloths, and always always found "The Absorber" to be the best.

I also use the Absorber. I have had the same one for 15+ years. Has a small tear and turned a green color after washing it with something that bled colors. But its still going strong!

Archived