Can I make it work?

Brian66D

My truck specs:

2012 Silverado LT CC / Rancho suspension (appearance pkg)

2" fatbobs leveling kit - only modification so far.

I currently run tahoe 20" wheels with cooper 275/55/20s

I want some more beef and it looks like you can't really beat this deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400298568296?item=400298568296&viewitem=&vxp=mtr#ht_8228wt_1188

I know everyone says you can clear 33x12.5s on a 2" level no problem....but my worries are the fact that these are a +12mm offset and I think the factory wheels are 31 or something along those lines....

Am i going to rub severely? Will I pull it off as it sits?

I want to add a BL soon, probably something small like a 1.25" or 2"...do I need to start looking into it much faster than I wanted to?

ps- has anyone run FEDERAL tires before? The only reviews I could find online are jeep guys and they seem to really like them...

pps- at the price it wouldn't honestly be a bad deal if i bought them and mounted the tires onto my factory tahoe wheels (the guy quoted me 950 for just the federal 33" tires alone) and sell the black 20" wheels they came with? My CC is white and I would really like to use white plasti dip to cover the red inserts, I think it would be clean....

Thanks everybody!

They would rub badly on those wheels. If you want a tire that size with aftermarket wheels, step up your plans to add the BL, and make it a 3".

You do think they(tires) will work on the factory wheels correct? What would the offset need to be in order to clear them with aftermarket wheels? Would trimming a little bit give me the ability to make them work?

I bought dominator II steps recently, haven't recieved them yet....but I bought them so I could hide the frame with a small BL. I think 3" would be a little extreme? My truck only has 1500 mi on it now...I don't want to get too crazy with it....yet.

I had 33x12.50 Toyo's on a +18 wheel and rubbed the front fender at full lock with around 5" lift. Not saying it can't be done, but without a body lift you will be cutting metal IMO.

I think I can get past the aftermarket wheels....what about mounting the tires on my factory tahoe 20s?

still no dice?

Some say yes...some say no. I'm a no. I don't think you will clear them without any problems, and that's based on my own experience. As far as body lifts go, 3" looks good. I have one and I think it looks great.

Some say yes...some say no. I'm a no. I don't think you will clear them without any problems, and that's based on my own experience. As far as body lifts go, 3" looks good. I have one and I think it looks great.

thanks blackout....I'd rather not go 3" BL due to the hitch in the back....it looks awful sitting down really low(imo). At the same time I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a suspension lift because I am trading this truck in within a year the moment the 14s come out.

I might just go ahead and get the 3"BL and then I will be good for 18+ w/ 33x12.5?

Its such a deal I can almost not hold back. As a last resort I will put them on my stock 20s and see how it goes...

I'd add a 1.5" body lift, and slap those tires on your stockers. If it rubs like a mofo you could always sell them, since you're selling the truck soon though I don't know how much trimming you would want to do.

I wouldn't spend a dime on it if you're trading in that soon.

can't take it with you, right? The 14 silverados are projected to come out next summer...so that will probably be when I trade...and its not like I can't take wheels with me...a body lift wouldn't be something I would remove, but they aren't that expensive to begin with. I could buy one and pay next to nothing for someone to install it. Maybe the cost of a case of beer....

I'd add a 1.5" body lift, and slap those tires on your stockers. If it rubs like a mofo you could always sell them, since you're selling the truck soon though I don't know how much trimming you would want to do.

I read a bunch of good reviews of the tires, but a couple of horror stories also....which makes me nervous and puts me more on the fence about them... If i knew that I would have little to no rubbing on the stock wheels I'd do it in a heartbeat...

Don't buy those tires. They are complete garbage. I've known 5 different people that the sidewall blew out in them while driving or towing... Including myself.

Be safe and don't get those tires. Accident waiting to happen.

Don't buy those tires. They are complete garbage. I've known 5 different people that the sidewall blew out in them while driving or towing... Including myself.

Be safe and don't get those tires. Accident waiting to happen.

thats all i needed to be convinced.

No need to put me or my family at risk. I will spend more money to get a quality product if necessary.

Buying off-brand ketchup is one thing...tires are another.

So you only have a leveling kit and clear the nitto 295 55 20s? Do you have any rubbing issues? I can avoid a BL all together this way...

I am leaning towards the nittos that you have....I have found a few listings:

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_8471wt_1188

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_6345wt_1188

(both +18 offset)

or should I just buy the tires and put them on my tahoe 5 spoke 20s? The cheapest I can find the tires by themselves is 1400, versus getting a set of wheels also for another 600-700 dollars...

Archived