So a bug crawled up my arse and now I must change things....again. I bought a 2011 Silverado LT version with bluetooth and steering controls. I'm looking to keep my steering controls and upgrade my audio player to do nav, bluetooth and such. Has anyone looked at the factory systems or after markets and priced the total install? I went by a couple of places and the cable adapters for after market are ridiculous, to the tune of almost $400 to make everything work and I lose my center console Ipod connection. Suggestions?

Thanks all.

Most here are very happy with the Advent OGM1 from ADC Mobile. It allows use of the wheel controls, has it's own bluetooth (the truck's OE system will also function) and with a bit of minor work you can keep the factory USB plug. Install is very easy. There are tons of threads about it and ADC even has some install videos.

So a bug crawled up my arse and now I must change things....again. I bought a 2011 Silverado LT version with bluetooth and steering controls. I'm looking to keep my steering controls and upgrade my audio player to do nav, bluetooth and such. Has anyone looked at the factory systems or after markets and priced the total install? I went by a couple of places and the cable adapters for after market are ridiculous, to the tune of almost $400 to make everything work and I lose my center console Ipod connection. Suggestions?

Thanks all.

We're a Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood and Rosen dealer, and since the Advent OGM1 has come out, we haven't done a single install of ANY of these brands in a GM truck, because none of them make sense for the very reasons you outlined.

I searched around the internet and in the end I bought from Walt at ADC because after you add up all the extras, including shipping. Walt's price is very good. Plus you get extremely good service and help when you need it.

Archived