GM oval step bars- noises

Does anyone else have a issue with the gm oval step bars making the ticking and popping noise? I know aftermarket bars make this noise due to they mount to the body mounts. GMs mount to the cab of the truck at the lower rocker panels. I took it to dealer and they told me there are no known reports for these making noises. Thank you in advance.

Mine (http://www.runningboardworld.com/ionic-voyager.aspx) are not OEM but are styled like them and are mounted to the rockers. They are VERY solid and I haven't heard a squeak. I think the issue with squeaking is that some of the hardware with some aftermarket bars rub and make noise whenever there is any type of flex at the cab mounts. I had Nasta nerfs on my 04 Silverado mounted at the cab mounts and they were quiet. If you go with something that mounts to the cab bolts, I'd say buy a name brand not some ebay knockoff. Also there were some issues with 10 and 11 model trucks having a problem removing the cab bolts. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119999&mode=linear

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I do have the GM oval step bars already installed. I am looking to find out if other members have a noise issue with them like aftermarket bars have.

honestly i work at a GM dealer here in maryland and i used to be a rep for GM accessories the cool thing is if you had the steps installed during the purchase of the new vehicle you can claim this under warranty!!!

gm parts usally has a 12-12 warranty (12k miles 12months) but accessories are designed to go with your bumper to bumper 3/36k miles (3years) . something to keep in mind i do parts warranties all the time. If you installed the parts yourself its the 12/12 check with your local dealer and HAVE YOUR INVOICE .. :)

Does anyone else have a issue with the gm oval step bars making the ticking and popping noise? I know aftermarket bars make this noise due to they mount to the body mounts. GMs mount to the cab of the truck at the lower rocker panels. I took it to dealer and they told me there are no known reports for these making noises. Thank you in advance.

I have the factory 6 inch polished running boards and have not noticed any noises. When do you hear the noise?

I hear the noise when turning the wheels and accelerating or backing up with wheels turned. Sometimes just pulling out from a stop.

Archived