Where do you conceal your gun in your truck?

if you carry there has to be times where you cant take it in places you are going in right? Gov buildings, places that sell alchohol.

Depends on the state- In Michigan it's only if the majority of profit is booze and even then you can open carry and be legal if you have a CPL. I'll be buying a console lock box soon, hopefully the guy on here will offer his soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you carry there has to be times where you cant take it in places you are going in right? Gov buildings, places that sell alchohol.

Depends on the state- In Michigan it's only if the majority of profit is booze and even then you can open carry and be legal if you have a CPL. I'll be buying a console lock box soon, hopefully the guy on here will offer his soon.

Also in Michigan you can take a extra class and get a CPL that allows you to carry in "no carry" zones. With the CPL I have I can carry in banks, hospitals, schools, bars, etc. Still can's carry under the influence or into the court house still some restrictions but very few

Also in Michigan you can take a extra class and get a CPL that allows you to carry in "no carry" zones. With the CPL I have I can carry in banks, hospitals, schools, bars, etc. Still can's carry under the influence or into the court house still some restrictions but very few

No you can not. That bill is tied up in congress still. You might have the exempt box checked on your standard CPL but that's generally only for LEOs or if you have friends on the county gun board. :lol:

Currently all you can do with a CPL is open carry in the pistol free zones. You can do that ONLY if you have a CPL though. Reference Michigan State Police Legal Update 86.

The only places I can't carry in Iowa are Court Houses, PDs, schools, and the like. I can open or conceal in bars and even drink up to .08 (I don't). I can carry long guns too as long as they are slung to avoid brandishing. Private businesses can put up gun free zone signs but there is no law enforcing it. All they can do is ask you to leave if they see it.

Mike make sure you get some good pictures of your lock box, I might be interested in something similar.

No you can not. That bill is tied up in congress still. You might have the exempt box checked on your standard CPL but that's generally only for LEOs or if you have friends on the county gun board. :lol:

Currently all you can do with a CPL is open carry in the pistol free zones. You can do that ONLY if you have a CPL though. Reference Michigan State Police Legal Update 86.

Read up on the Michigan gun laws some more there Chief, plenty of other ways around the pistol free zones than this new bill. The new bill will make it easier to get but it can still be done without being crooked or "knowing someone"

Enlighten me please. I know you can open carry in PFZs but even that is a crap shoot as some judges ignore MSP Update 86 and will still punish people who are following the letter of the law. I have yet to see anything like you describe but would definitely like to know more as PFZs are a joke, I call them criminal protection zones.

• 3 weeks later...

Enlighten me please. I know you can open carry in PFZs but even that is a crap shoot as some judges ignore MSP Update 86 and will still punish people who are following the letter of the law. I have yet to see anything like you describe but would definitely like to know more as PFZs are a joke, I call them criminal protection zones.

Mike

After looking into this further it seems we are both "right" I got my CPL back when you needed a purpose to get one pre 2006 (I think that is when the law changed) when I got mine you had to have a reason for it and mine was large bank deposits for the company I worked for. Back then it took what seemed like forever to get and you actually had to go in front of the gun board. So anyway yes mine is like a LEO would have and is gradfathered in, you can't really get one now I guess

Ahh. How long is yours good for? I assume you'll be a joe regular like me once yours expires right? The bill removing PFZs with enhanced training was vetoed by Snyder anyhow. So instead of the pistol being out of sight on someone with excellent training all CPL holders can OC in schools and such for the time being. I'm sure that wont last though. Seems this state isn't terribly pro gun. No surprise there.

I leave mine in my truck in the console when I cant carry into work, but then again we have armed security monitoring our parking lot and the lot is secured as well. now if I have to go out in public it gets hidden in the truck if I cant bring it with me, otherwise my gun is on me at all times.

Taking my Cwp class within the next month or so since ill be turning 21 soon...anything I need to know going into one of these classes ?

Sent from my smartass iPhone using Tapatalk

I depends greatly on your state. Find a firearm-related forum for your state and check with them unless someone here has done the process where you live.

• 6 months later...
Hi scz71864

it is necessary to conceal a handgun in your vehicle even without a CHL. Obviously you cannot take it out and conceal it on your person without a CHL if you go out in public. I like to take my gun off when I'm in my truck cause it is more comfortable.you have need a lock box tethered under my back seat that you can leave your gun in while at work. It is keyless and you just push a series of buttons to get into it in a matter of seconds.conceal Hope this helps.

Archived