The progression of my truck

Texas Outlaw

So, when I got my (first) truck shortly after my 16th birthday, it looked like this...

IMG_0511-12.jpg

First thing I did was take off the front airdam...

photo-3.jpg

Then, I decided I wanted to soup it up a bit and add some chrome. After installing side-body molding, door handles, and mirror covers, this is what it looked like...

photo-7.jpg

photo-6.jpg

It was certainly better than before, however something obvious was missing... Wheels. My stock 17" rims with 245/50/17 tires looked terrible with the chrome, not to mention they didn't fill up hardly any of the wheel well. Well, after getting a nail in the sidewall of one of my tires, I had the perfect excuse to drop some cash on a new set of wheels. I ended up getting a great deal on some GM factory CK988 20" chrome rims with 275/55/20 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires, and I put them on last night. Here's how she looks now:

Truck.jpg

Rims1.jpg

I'm really pleased with these. I still think something's missing though. I think because I have an extended cab (no back door handles) that the back looks like it could use something. What do y'all think? I'm thinking about getting a low-profile chrome toolbox, how do y'all think that would look? I'm open to more suggestions too, so let me know what you think I should do next (steps, vent visors, grille guard, etc?).

Thanks for looking.

You can add the tool box if you have a need for one, but other than that, I would call it good. Keep adding and you will be taking away from the truck. You know the old saying "Too much of a good thing can be bad".

Truck looks really great as it is now.

I think it looks good as is. That amount of chrome is very tasteful and really looks good. Anything more would make it look overdonne and tacky.

what he said. i think ya got a nice lookin truck as is. only other things i would consider is a leveling kit and tint. no more chrome

Archived