Would,love,to,see,a,2013/14...Chevelle..

yukon25008.1

Yes there is math to figure out CID but when it says it on the side of an American car it looks so much better than Liters, were in AMERICA not Europe. I like the old American muscle, and i like the old style. Hence the reason I like the dodge style, it is very retro and has the feel of the old American muscle. I also wish they would come back with the big block because it was something only an American car or truck offered, pure power.

You might not worry about fuel efficiency but the feds do and that is who GM is out to please. I have no interest myself when the LS engines, especially with direct injection coming are simply the best V8s out there.

If I Paypal you $20 will you go to Walmart and buy a damn USB keyboard? :lol:

Lmao!

Gm is pissing me off with their designs every single car shaped the same and silver... I should have just gone into extreme debt and continued my automotive design dream in college..

Sent from my truck using TAPATALK

• 3 weeks later...

That isn't the new Chevelle, I think it's made of reproduction parts but it's still the classic from or all intents and purposes with a few modern bits. I hate big wheels on old school cars though, should be criminal. I saw the same one at St Ignace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tired of seeing it too, what's wrong with some good old Cragars?! Or just chrome hole wheels?

Yeah the Dodges may look cool, too bad they usually handle like a turd stuck in the s bend.

Wow the new dodges have beautiful interior over gm. That 5 speed might be dated but works, but the hemi will have the zf 8spd auto in 2014. Also the new cars handle great like charger, 300c. Chrysler has it right and the designers are running the company not bean counters. Gm wake up!

It would be cool if they brought the chevelle out and with a new motor..like a direct injection 6.something, or the 7.0 from the vette

I also cant see the Big Block being gone forever..with the history it has with gm..

P.S. I have a space bar now..LoL

The big block is finished. I think they still make marine 8.1s but that's it. They'd be a nice option in the trucks though the LSx engines get better with each generation. In a car I just don't see them ever reappearing. Too thirsty, too heavy and they didn't do we'll with high RPMs. Besides it would be too cost prohibitive to make a BB LSx engine and I'd hope GM wouldn't take a step backwards and use the old BB design.

• 1 month later...
You guys really think the bbc is gone forever? I dont see how would just up on such a great motor with SO many car and truck consumers that love them!

Yes. The big block hasn't been under the hood of a car since before I was even born. And with the profit machine diesels selling so well they have no reason to. Not to mention that with HD trucks now having MPG targets the BB probably can meet those and GM won't spend millions do reinvent a fringe market motor. It will always have aftermarket support and I'm sure people will build BBCs for years to come but you will not see one under the hood from the factory. The LS V8s are too good and the diesels sell themselves.

Not so much concerned about a car, but it was just 07 when the last big block went in an HD truck..

And you won't see them do any more new vehicles with them for the reasons I have stated multiple times now. Take good care of the truck you have because you won't be buying a new truck with a BB V8, period.

You sound so certain like your part of the General Motors design team!

They have surprised us before..And you never know what there going to do in the future, government regs might change due to different changes in enconomy,sales,etc...

And also if you notice very recently the cubic inches having been growing!!

the famouse 5.7 turned into the 6.0..Now the 6.2, The corvette has a 7.0/427.

And i will hold on to my awesome 8.1.. I also have one in my shed for a future project, and am going to pick up another 8.1 block and put in together with raylar internals,heads,cam,and intake..And have a 600+ HP big block for a swap in my sierra once i get the allison built to handle it.

You sound so certain like your part of the General Motors design team!

They have surprised us before..And you never know what there going to do in the future, government regs might change due to different changes in enconomy,sales,etc...

And also if you notice very recently the cubic inches having been growing!!

the famouse 5.7 turned into the 6.0..Now the 6.2, The corvette has a 7.0/427.

You do realize there is more to a big block than just size right? I'm pretty sure you can get LS blocks well into the 8 liter range but they're still small blocks.

I don't work for GM but it doesn't require inside knowledge to see the big block is gone, just common sense. GM makes the best V8s out there, they just spent millions of dollars and countless hours redesigning the LS engine design to add direct injection and everything else. There is no logical explanation for them to go out and redesign the BB, period. There is no possible way for that to favor them other than making the gearheads happy which frankly is such a small slice of the pie it doesn't matter in terms of actual sales.

• 1 year later...

Looks like I'll have to start going through the junk yards looking for one. Maybe find a little leaded high octane gas left over in some gas tanks. Heheh

- Mad Max

Archived